Wreaths Across America Ceremony Coverage

Started by FlyTiger77, December 12, 2010, 03:00:42 AM

FlyTiger77

Here is the link to a photo gallery from today's Wreaths Across America ceremony at the Chattanooga National Cemetery:
http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_190338.asp

Feel free to post links to coverage of your ceremony here.

(Please, let's not turn this into a uniform/politics thread until at least the second page.)
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

JWilson

It appears I will have to get my photos up here soon
as soon as i can pick through the photos to find the ones where my fellow cadets weren't making faces at the camera

RADIOMAN015

As my unit's PAO it was a great day.  Two local TV stations & the regional newspaper showed up and all did comprehensive stories; interestingly looking at different aspects of the ceremony today.

I feel good that my press releases and telephone followups resulted in substantial press coverage.  The cadets & seniors directly involved in the ceremony look sharp and each media had them in videos & pictures.
RM     

Slim

The Great Lakes National Cemetery in Holly, MI placed 2700 individual wreaths, and had an estimated 700 people in attendance.  We started placing wreaths at 11:00; at 11:30, I looked around and realized that we were done.

The keynote speaker for the formal ceremony was Col, Klement Caron, US Army TACOM, himself an OIF/OND veteran.  The National Anthem was performed by a local firefighter, and two bagpipers performed "Amazing Grace" at the end of the ceremony.

Video here

Today, a small contingent lead by Maj Gen Courter and MIWG commander Col Leo Burke, participated in an international exchange of wreaths with the Royal Canadian Air Cadets of Windsor, Ontario.  This event took place on the center of the Ambassador Bridge, which links Detroit and Windsor.  Given the blizzard conditions we've had all day, I'm sure that was quite an experience!

Edit: video of today's ceremony

Slim

BillB

The Associated Press is running a video on AOL on Wreaths Across America. CAP shows up in one of the early shots.
Wreath Laying Ceremony Honors Fallen Veterans [VIDEO]
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

FlyTiger77

An excellent video of the Chattanooga ceremony produced by the US Coast Guard Auxiliary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrrPu3jfT9E
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP