AFIADL / AU4-6 Question (s)

Started by SAR-EMT1, December 08, 2010, 04:45:23 PM

SAR-EMT1

Few quick items...

One: Assuming that CAP members can enroll in an AF CDC correspondence course that isn't classified, is there a reg that cites our ability to enroll ? I've checked the AFIADL/ AU4-6 website to no avail.

Two: Due to my current work schedule I doubt that I would have time to travel to the nearest AFB to take the end-of-test exam for the CDC(s) I would like to enroll in (Public Health and Emergency Management) I was thinking of approaching the AFROTC unit at my local college. As an AF Training unit at a major university I would guess that I could take the exam there. Has anyone else gone this route?

(AF CDC courses require testing at a base education office or suitable equivalent)

Three: A few weeks back i saw where two members of this forum posted that they were enrolled (as CAP members) in several USAF Fire-fighter correspondence courses. However a check of the CDC catalog states :

ALL (3E) Fire Protection Courses require completion of an end of course exam
(administered at an approved Test Control Facility) and a practical
evaluation (performed at your fire department ). Completion of the end of
course exam is only half of the requirement to receive [DoD] certification.

I looked to no avail to locate the post in question to ask one of the SMs how he was addressing this.  [If the Officer in question is reading this (or if anyone else knows)]

AE: Are we (as CAP members) eligible to take the practical exam (at an AFB)?
(required under NFPA regs for certification)

-I placed a call to the nearest base education office and spent 15 minutes explaining what CAP was before being transferred, having to do it all over again with a supervisor, and then getting transferred 
to the base FD and being told by a SSgT that he had no idea correspondence courses for fire fighting even existed, and being transferred to a bored Civil Engineering LT, told that training courses were not his forte, then being handed off back to base education and square one. 

-HELP APPRICIATED
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Eclipse

Yes - if you are eligible for the class you are eligible and authorized to access and use a PME Center.
The person you need to discuss this with is the State Director, which is where all CAP contact with military resources should be initiated.

"That Others May Zoom"