Main Menu

2B persons on CAP Talk

Started by Persona non grata, November 01, 2010, 08:11:04 PM

meganite

Quote from: Senty7 on November 02, 2010, 08:14:02 PM
My unit, and the mutual-aid network to which my unit belongs, have historically not found the CAP to be an effective resource.   We almost never called them.  However, recently my unit has discovered a refreshing surge of "We Can" spirit in our local squadron, and my colleagues and I are working diligently with the hard-working leaders there to grow and develop our relationship.

The first part makes me really sad, but at least the second part gives me hope. I want to help with SAR missions! I've seen this "can do" attitude where I am anyway, and I hope it continues to flourish. I hope we CAP members can increasingly perform our missions efficiently and effectively, and I fully intend to be a part of that.

I'm not sure exactly what 2B refers to (I'm new around here) but I know that if I ever had to quit going to CAP meetings for financial/whatever reasons I would still want to know what's going on here. Granted, an internet forum may not be the best place to find out about such things, but it may be one of the only ways an outsider can keep up with things. I say don't ban any member unless they're being obnoxious.

Eclipse

Quote from: meganite on November 03, 2010, 05:33:48 AMI'm not sure exactly what 2B refers to...

The CAP Form (CAPF) 2b is the one used to process membership terminations, both voluntary and involuntary.

The terms "2b'ed" is used both jokingly and as a threat in the same way "Court Martial-ed" is in the military.  A completed CAPF2b, fully processed, means you are no longer a member (for whatever reason).   

The nature of the 2b would indicate whether you can ever rejoin.

"That Others May Zoom"

meganite

Thanks for the explanation! I was starting to wonder if I could rejoin if I had to leave for personal or financial reasons :(

Fly Boy

2Bs or not 2Bs, That is the question.  >:D

C/1st Lt. Kaufman
SER-FL-169

Eclipse

Quote from: meganite on November 03, 2010, 06:57:05 AM
Thanks for the explanation! I was starting to wonder if I could rejoin if I had to leave for personal or financial reasons

People usually just "fade away", dropping off the rosters when their memberships lapse for non-renewal.  I've done one myself, but it is rare to process a 2b for a voluntary separation.  In a lot of those cases it is someone with impending doom who games the system by "quitting before they are fired...", with the intention of rejoining elsewhere or when the heat is off.

Whether those people can rejoin later depends on how well the situation was documented, and how much due diligence the "new" CC does with the application.  I've had more than a couple come up where a well-written memo in the IG file, and/or elephantine memory saved us from repeating past mistakes with someone not suited for CAP.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

^^ Yup ... and even then, if you know you've done "bad" and try to submit a 2B before the Effluent hits the Grater, it's possible to get a stop put to that paperwork.

-----

Lots of political connotations in the whole process. Easiest to just back off, do your thing at your local/unit level and outlive 'em, rather than fight 'em. 

bosshawk

If you want easy, just stop participating, stop going to meetings and let your membership expire.  It does absolutely no good to raise a fuss: nobody will listen and it simply raises your blood pressure.

Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Sgt.Pain

What the heck is a 2B??? lol

^^
Scratch that. Didn't read the threads above
C/CMSgt. Pain!

Here Ye, Hear Ye, On this great day I make a declaration! A declaration to LIVE FOREVER, or die trying.