Main Menu

Attn: Michigan Members!

Started by ♠SARKID♠, July 23, 2010, 02:25:45 AM

♠SARKID♠

I know this isn't a CAP thing, but a safety note for our MIWG members especially around the Grand Rapids/Lansing lattitude: the storms heading your way are pretty severe.  They've laid waste to Milwaukee, tons of streets are under water, basements are flooded around the city, one sinkhole opened up, tornado touchdowns to the west in Madison, and the freeways are gridlocked.  Just a heads up for you guys, its a long system and doesn't look like its gotten any weaker over the lake.  To put it in perspective, we've gotten our average two months of rain in the last couple hours.

Eclipse

I was watching that big patch of angry red go North of me being glad its just hot in NE IL!

"That Others May Zoom"

♠SARKID♠

Yeah, its pretty gnarly.  That sinkhole opened up hours ago, and the escalade inside is still running.  I think the last number I heard was 25,000 out of power.

Eclipse

Wow - the storm train is still going strong at 10:00 - stretchs all the way across IL / WI.

"That Others May Zoom"

C/MSgt Lunsford

We got hit with a little bit of those storms in West Virginia on July 25th while doing Ground Team Training at Petersburg. It was pretty harsh. Very high winds and heavy rain, but I do not think that was the main storm.

Wright Brothers #13915