Main Menu

ECI 13

Started by stratoflyer, January 29, 2009, 02:31:14 PM

SJFedor

Quote from: gistek on January 30, 2009, 10:46:20 PM
In PA Wing, our Wing PDO prefer it if we request AFIADL tests through her. Knowledge Base answer 1933, Requesting and completing AFIADL tests, has the most current information.

Glad to hear PA is getting those tests out a little quicker now. I requested mine twice when I was a member in PA over the course of over a year, and never received it.

Transferred to TNWG, had it in 2 weeks.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

stratoflyer

Well, it looks like the new SOC will actually be useful. It should definitely be online since that will open the door to better and more up to date content as well as pictures and stuff. Mainly, it's cost effective.

Anyone ever use the blackboard system they talk about having newly acquired. I know schools and colleges use it.

I agree that the SOC should be a complement to SLS. Especially if the SLS you attend to is severely lacking in content and is taught in a less that stellar manner by people just reading to you the slides provided by national.

"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

O-Rex

Eddie:

I'm taking Naval War College which uses Blackboard.  It's a great one-stop-shop for all your course needs, complete with course overview, chat board, grade posting and 'digital drop-box' for your assignments as well as a record of your critiqued assignments.  There are also "reminder headers" on your homepage.

I've taken various mil and civilian online courses since it's infancy in the early '90's, and this is the best system I've seen to date.

stratoflyer

Sounds good then. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

I saw that there was a call for volunteers to help write it. Anyone from around these parts volunteer?

O-Rex

Personally, I'm looking forward to a new ECI-13: the current one is antiquiated and seems to be a 'choke-point' for member development.

I'd like to see something modeled after the USAF Squadron Officer School online course, which I really enjoyed.

gistek

Quote from: stratoflyer on February 02, 2009, 04:10:36 PM

I saw that there was a call for volunteers to help write it. Anyone from around these parts volunteer?

I sent an e-mail to the address they listed, but it bounced. Then I called and left a message, but no one returned my call.

Cecil DP

Quote from: gistek on February 03, 2009, 06:04:23 PM
Quote from: stratoflyer on February 02, 2009, 04:10:36 PM

I sent an e-mail to the address they listed, but it bounced. Then I called and left a message, but no one returned my call.

And doesn't that mke you feel appreciated!
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

gistek

I just shrugged and went on to another project.

stratoflyer

What else is there to do?

But seriously, does anyone out there know the status of the rewrite?

wuzafuzz

I'm not waiting for the rewrite.  If they are just getting started it will probably be a year or more.

My Communications Technician rating was approved last week so ECI 13 is all that stands between me and Level II.  Granted, the test is outdated, but I'm on a mission.

There has been discussion about a new PAO test for at least a year and a half.  Still no test.  ECI 13 has a larger audience so maybe they'll move faster.

"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

JoeTomasone

Quote from: wuzafuzz on February 11, 2009, 12:59:53 PM
I'm not waiting for the rewrite.  If they are just getting started it will probably be a year or more.

My Communications Technician rating was approved last week so ECI 13 is all that stands between me and Level II.  Granted, the test is outdated, but I'm on a mission.

Only thing standing between me and railroad tracks as well.   Gotta get it done!

O-Rex

Quote from: JoeTomasone on February 11, 2009, 01:02:58 PM

Only thing standing between me and railroad tracks as well.   Gotta get it done!

Guys,

Don't wait: grin, bear it, and git'er done.  When the online version finally comes out, you can tell folks war stories of how when you were a Lieutenant, you had to walk barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways to do ECI-13. . .  >:D

davedove

Quote from: O-Rex on February 11, 2009, 03:51:44 PM
Quote from: JoeTomasone on February 11, 2009, 01:02:58 PM

Guys,

Don't wait: grin, bear it, and git'er done.  When the online version finally comes out, you can tell folks war stories of how when you were a Lieutenant, you had to walk barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways to do ECI-13. . .  >:D

You forgot "and we were glad to do it!" ;D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

tarheel gumby

I can do that now as I have done ECI 13 two times in the last 20 years. ;D
First time was when I was a SFO in FLWG back in 1987, and yes I was glad to have done it both times.
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

lordmonar

I just got notified that I passed my ECI-13...now to do the paper work to get my Level V!  :clap:
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Fifinella

^^ Congratulations!
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Indaweeds

Quote from: lordmonar on February 11, 2009, 08:27:40 PM
I just got notified that I passed my ECI-13...now to do the paper work to get my Level V!  :clap:

How long was it for you to be notified of the results and how were you notified? I'm assuming you snail mailed in the test (gathering there's no other way to submit it).

wuzafuzz

Kudos!   :clap:
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

lordmonar

Quote from: Indaweeds on February 12, 2009, 05:58:59 AM

How long was it for you to be notified of the results and how were you notified? I'm assuming you snail mailed in the test (gathering there's no other way to submit it).

It took about 10 days.  I got a nice certificate in the mail from AU.  ;D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Indaweeds

Quote from: lordmonar on February 12, 2009, 02:11:35 PM
Quote from: Indaweeds on February 12, 2009, 05:58:59 AM

It took about 10 days.  I got a nice certificate in the mail from AU.  ;D

Thanks! Forgive my manners as I should have said the following earlier: congrats!