Main Menu

AFIADL Tests

Started by davedove, March 15, 2007, 02:14:32 PM

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on December 14, 2007, 08:28:52 AM
Quote from: sarmed1 on December 11, 2007, 12:37:50 AM
QuoteI went ahead and called the Fire Dept. Phone answered by a SrA, transfered to a SSgt, transfered to a TSgt (fire dept's OOD) transfered to a CE 2nd lt,  who transfered me to Base Ed. where I talked with a civilian who said " The only service we provide Civil Air Patrol is a testing facility for your PME, all other services are out of the question by Air Force Directive" When I told her the test would be done at the fire dept she transfered me back to the fire house where no one answered the phone.

If you ever get a real answer let me know, I have been thinking about the same route for at least FFII, Instructor I and Officer I. (I have FFI and Hazmat ops)
(I know a guy who is a CAP-RAP firefighter and a DoD Civilian, might help there too)
It beats trying to work those courses into my rotating night shift schedule at a civilian facility.

mk

I have the same certs as you do currently and I am in the same boat: not enough time to do it the civilian way. ... Talk to that CAP-RAP firefighter... you might have more luck then me. BUT LET ME KNOW WHAT HE/SHE SAID!  :)

For the sake of curiosity...

<aol> me too </aol>
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

SAR-EMT1

^ Anything new as to the above?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

SAR-EMT1

Question: Does anyone have any idea wether the test for  course 00017
( Air Force Reserve, Officers Prep Course ) needs to be done on base or not?

Its basically the ECI 13 for Reserve Lts.

- mod'd for spelling
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

mikeylikey

I do believe it does.  I have a call tomorrow into the State Director, I will ponder him.  Let you now.
What's up monkeys?

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: mikeylikey on January 02, 2008, 06:59:05 AM
I do believe it does.  I have a call tomorrow into the State Director, I will ponder him.  Let you now.

Thank you.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

mikeylikey

^ State Director says take it on Base.  Call your State Director if you run into problems!  Others without a base should find the CAP members allowed to proctor,and well have them........ proctor.
What's up monkeys?

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: mikeylikey on January 03, 2008, 03:37:38 AM
^ State Director says take it on Base.  Call your State Director if you run into problems!  Others without a base should find the CAP members allowed to proctor,and well have them........ proctor.

Danke!
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

Capt Rivera

has anyone taken course 17? What was it like? Worth your time? lean anything? those in ANG/AFR - Do you think its a carrier booster to an enlisted member? etc? applicable to CAP how?
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

BillB

You might check with your Wing Director. Often you can take the AFIADL tests at an AFROTC Detachment at a University. I took my Air Command and Staff College and Air War College tests there administered by the Detachment Testing Officer.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: riveraj on January 03, 2008, 05:37:15 AM
has anyone taken course 17? What was it like? Worth your time? lean anything? those in ANG/AFR - Do you think its a carrier booster to an enlisted member? etc? applicable to CAP how?

Im taking it right now.

Its six modules long.
Volume 1: History Mission and Organization of the USAF
(Includes details on the NCA, DoD JCS and SECAF)

Volume 2: Military Training: (D&C, Flags, Uniforms)

Volume 3: Military Law:
( VERY in depth as to Company Grade Officers relationship to giving Art 15's to the enlisted - makes them seem like peasants-, as well as the ten most common violations of the UCMJ)

Volume 4: Human Relations
( Just what it says, basic info on counseling others, as well as a bit on group psych)

Volume 5: Effective Leadership
(Just what it says, plus a bit on public image and professionalism)

Volume 6: Communications
( Basically identical to the Communications section of the CAPSOC, effective listening, effective writing, basic intro to military briefings)

Impression: Basically a AF version of the CAPSOC, albeit longer, the material is dated as June of '86 and still bears the " ECI, Gunter AFS " logo.  The pics look horrid but the material is still valid.
Enrollment could definately be considered a stepping stone between the CAPSOC and SOS.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

Capt Rivera

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on January 04, 2008, 05:12:02 AM
Quote from: riveraj on January 03, 2008, 05:37:15 AM

Im taking it right now.

Its six modules long.
Volume 1: History Mission and Organization of the USAF
(Includes details on the NCA, DoD JCS and SECAF)

Volume 2: Military Training: (D&C, Flags, Uniforms)

Volume 3: Military Law:
( VERY in depth as to Company Grade Officers relationship to giving Art 15's to the enlisted - makes them seem like peasants-, as well as the ten most common violations of the UCMJ)

Volume 4: Human Relations
( Just what it says, basic info on counseling others, as well as a bit on group psych)

Volume 5: Effective Leadership
(Just what it says, plus a bit on public image and professionalism)

Volume 6: Communications
( Basically identical to the Communications section of the CAPSOC, effective listening, effective writing, basic intro to military briefings)

Impression: Basically a AF version of the CAPSOC, albeit longer, the material is dated as June of '86 and still bears the " ECI, Gunter AFS " logo.  The pics look horrid but the material is still valid.
Enrollment could definately be considered a stepping stone between the CAPSOC and SOS.

So now that you completed Course 17 and taken the test what do you think of the experience? (anyone else feel free to chime in also)
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

SAR-EMT1

Did me some good.... If the ROTC ever lets me back in, maybe I could get credit for taking this course  ::)

As far as what it did for me as a CAP type- it helped expand on a few tenets that were covered in the CAPSOC, and gave me a broader knowledge of the sort the typical AF 2nd Lt has in the back of his head.

Definately helped prep me for the SOS, and familiarized me with the On base testing procedure.
(That was a trip... there was me, MSgT and three full bird Colonels. )
They all stared at me the whole time (probably trying to figure out what the CAP ribbons were and why I had the CG PUC )
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328