Main Menu

AFIADL Tests

Started by davedove, March 15, 2007, 02:14:32 PM

davedove

Once a person requests a test from AFIADL, how long does it take to get to the unit?  Also, how long may the unit hold the test until it has to be returned is the person does not take it?

I am asking because I am about ready to take the AFIADL 00013 test, but I am going on a two week vacation next month.  I plan to wait until I get back before ordering the test, but I was wondering.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

arajca

It can take up to a month for the test to reach your unit. AFIADL usually send it out within a couple days of receiving the request, but they send it to wing hq. How long it takes wing to record, figure out what unit you're in, and forward it varies.

IIRC, tests can be held for six months.

Camas

Quote from: davedoveI plan to wait until I get back before ordering the test, but I was wondering

I'd order it now; don't wait.  It can sit in your TCO's secured test file until you're ready to take it.  Follow the instructions here but maybe you already know that.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Camas on March 15, 2007, 04:27:18 PM
Quote from: davedoveI plan to wait until I get back before ordering the test, but I was wondering

I'd order it now; don't wait.  It can sit in your TCO's secured test file until you're ready to take it.  Follow the instructions here but maybe you already know that.
It can also wait for them to just even send it to your squadron.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

davedove

Based on the advice here, I went ahead and ordered the test.  Now I guess I'll see how long it takes to get to my unit.

The response message told me to contact AFIADL if the test didn't arrive at my wing TCO within 3 weeks that I should contact them.  So I guess they're not in any hurry.  As has been said, I wonder how long it will take wing to get it to my unit.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Ground Team Leader
MER-MD-003

SAR-EMT1

Unrelated:
In terms of manpower and such how big is AFIADL as an organization?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

davedove

Quote from: davedove on March 22, 2007, 11:58:47 AM
Based on the advice here, I went ahead and ordered the test.  Now I guess I'll see how long it takes to get to my unit.

Just a little update.  Saturday I got an email from the Wing PDO stating that he had the test.  He offered to administer the test himself or to make arrangements with the unit testing officer to get it to the unit.  Since I didn't have anything major happening on Sunday I went ahead and took the test.  So it looks like it took over a month between ordering the test and getting notification from wing.

As far as the test, it only took me about a half hour to take it.  Most of the questions were directly from the review questions (word for word), but a significant amount were not, so you need to know all the material.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Ground Team Leader
MER-MD-003

jimmydeanno

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on March 23, 2007, 10:10:12 AM
Unrelated:
In terms of manpower and such how big is AFIADL as an organization?

The organization isn't that large in terms of numbers of individuals, but you also have to consider that only a few of those people deal with CAP, so while there may be say 75 people that work at AFIADL, only 1 or 2 do CAP stuff.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SAR-EMT1

^ Thanks jim.
On another topic, has anyone taken the Air and Space Power Course through CADRE? Im about to finish it and wondered as to the best way to study for the test. Thanks

- edit for spelling
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

SJFedor

And speaking of, has anyone seen the new letter from Col. Hodgkins re: AFIADL PME courses? Good call on my part, I'm wondering if they're making the change because of certain allegations and/or results of investigations.  :-\

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Capt Rivera

Quote from: SJFedor on May 20, 2007, 04:29:20 AM
And speaking of, has anyone seen the new letter from Col. Hodgkins re: AFIADL PME courses? Good call on my part, I'm wondering if they're making the change because of certain allegations and/or results of investigations.  :-\

What letter? URL?
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

Camas

This page has the memo from Gen Pineda.

mikeylikey

^^  That is a step in the right direction.  Now.....lets get CAP members access to other AF distance ed courses as well.
What's up monkeys?

arajca

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 20, 2007, 05:37:41 PM
^^  That is a step in the right direction.  Now.....lets get CAP members access to other AF distance ed courses as well.
CAP members can already access every AFIADL course that is not restricted. The restrictions are generally placed because of 1. security clearance issues or b. copywritted materials. The policy letter only covers the PME (Professional Military Education) courses, not the CDC (Career Development) courses, whic comprise the bulk of the AFIADL offerings.

Has anyone else taken steps to get the required advanced approvals from their SD? I am fortunate to have not one, but two USAF reservists in my unit. One is our CAP-RAP and the other is a regular member and our TCO. I have submitted the request for approval to my commander for signature and forwarding to the SD.

SJFedor

Quote from: Camas on May 20, 2007, 05:12:17 PM
This page has the memo from Gen Pineda.

This rule came from Col Hodgkins, CAP-USAF/CC, not Pineda. Pineda just echoed the same thing the good Col. wrote under his own letterhead  :P

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

davedove

Quote from: davedove on May 07, 2007, 12:45:10 PM
Quote from: davedove on March 22, 2007, 11:58:47 AM

Just a little update.  Saturday I got an email from the Wing PDO stating that he had the test.  He offered to administer the test himself or to make arrangements with the unit testing officer to get it to the unit.  Since I didn't have anything major happening on Sunday I went ahead and took the test.  So it looks like it took over a month between ordering the test and getting notification from wing.

As far as the test, it only took me about a half hour to take it.  Most of the questions were directly from the review questions (word for word), but a significant amount were not, so you need to know all the material.

Just another quick update.  I received the postcard on Saturday and I passed the test with an 86.  I have now completed all the requirements for Level II.  8)
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Ground Team Leader
MER-MD-003

cnitas

Way to go!
So when are you up for promotion?
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
MER-MD-003

davedove

Quote from: cnitas on May 21, 2007, 03:36:17 PM
Way to go!
So when are you up for promotion?

December 21.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Ground Team Leader
MER-MD-003

captrncap

Quote1. Effective 1 June 2007, CAP members enrolled in Air Force Professional Military Education
c. Under the supervision of two CAP members who have been approved in
advance by the CAP-USAF State Director

Does anyone know what the procedure is to do this?

mikeylikey

Call your SD.  Find 2 fellow members to proctor your test.  Send the SD thier CAPID, and contact info.  Setup a location, your SD will mail the test to the Wing HQ, they will send it to one of the members proctoring. 

OR......Wing HQ will now use this as an opportunity to make you go to the Wing HQ location.  If so.......[darn] this new system. 
What's up monkeys?