Main Menu

New CAP ID-Card policy

Started by Eclipse, October 26, 2010, 05:40:29 PM

SARDOC

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on December 18, 2010, 02:35:18 AM
I am pretty sure the ID card is a uniform item. You can't be on a mission without it can you?

I've checked the Gospel of CAPM 39-1 and there is no mention of anything requiring you to carry ID as a part of your uniform.  So I'll have to go with no  >:D

BTCS1*

It is required while on a ground team though.
C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: BTCS1* on December 19, 2010, 05:27:50 AM

Reg cite?

The only national-level thing I've been able to find (and the magic KB also agrees with this) is in the 52-16 regarding cadet's attendance of encampment.  However, even that doesn't state that it needs to be on the person, simply that you need to have one (and your Curry achievement completed) in order to attend.

SARDOC

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on December 19, 2010, 05:32:30 AM

Reg cite?

The only national-level thing I've been able to find (and the magic KB also agrees with this) is in the 52-16 regarding cadet's attendance of encampment.  However, even that doesn't state that it needs to be on the person, simply that you need to have one (and your Curry achievement completed) in order to attend.
The Closet I can find is CAPR 60-3 it has a few references to the Membership card must be presented with your 101 card/SQTR for operations and Training.  Do a word search for Membership card and you'll find it.  But nothing that actually says it has to be on your person.  But I would think it would be hard to present if it were not on your person

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: SARDOC on December 19, 2010, 06:13:13 AM
Quote from: PhoenixCadet on December 19, 2010, 05:32:30 AM

Reg cite?

The Closet I can find is CAPR 60-3 it has a few references to the Membership card must be presented with your 101 card/SQTR for operations and Training.  Do a word search for Membership card and you'll find it.  But nothing that actually says it has to be on your person.  But I would think it would be hard to present if it were not on your person

Roger.  I wasn't doubting that there was no other place that said it (especially when it comes to operations stuff), just lookin' for sources.

JArvey

It is not a regulation, but my squadron and many encampments require you to carry it on your person at all times.

BTCS1*

From the GT Task Guide: Task O-0001 "c) All CAP Identification, including 101 card, 76 card, First Aid card, etc. (T)"

manfredvonrichthofen

Thank you guys got them before I could. So there you go, there are your cites. It is a required item, if you don't have it at check in for anything other than regular meetings you should be turned away, especially at any ES operation.

jeders

Reg cite?

Quote from: AFI10-2701 Para. 1.3.5...CAP ID cards must meet Air Force standards and are considered a uniform item...

So the Air Force certainly considers our ID card a uniform item.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

JohnKachenmeister

Yes.  A few years ago, somebody proposed a CAPID that was in vertical format and looked a little like the CAC-card.  The AF wasted no time in telling is "No."
Another former CAP officer

shlebz

so cadets dont get one with a pic on it, even if they upload a pic?
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

Eclipse

Quote from: shlebz on February 17, 2011, 02:18:49 AM
so cadets dont get one with a pic on it, even if they upload a pic?

Cadets get a photo if the photo is in eservices and approved.

Cadets over 18 get a photo ID if the photo is in eservices and approved.

"That Others May Zoom"

ßτε

Cadets under age 18 do not get a photo ID.

a2capt

Cadets are just not required to have a photo, but they can have one.

Eclipse

That's what I said... ::)

Now maybe someone can tell me why a verified photo isn't required as part of the membership package...

"That Others May Zoom"

Dragon 3-2

How's this for a new ID
>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

for the record i was just bored in photoshop  :P

Captain  Steven Smith
Aerospace Education Officer
NJ-102 Plainfield Red Falcons
Eaker #2089
2009 NJWG / NER Dragon Drill Team

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Dragon 3-2 on March 08, 2011, 05:21:07 PM
How's this for a new ID

Already tried that.  Got shot down.

http://capblog.typepad.com/capblog/2005/03/cap_to_adopt_ne.html

jeders

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on March 08, 2011, 05:31:15 PM
Quote from: Dragon 3-2 on March 08, 2011, 05:21:07 PM
How's this for a new ID

Already tried that.  Got shot down.

http://capblog.typepad.com/capblog/2005/03/cap_to_adopt_ne.html

Quote from: AFI 10-2701 1.3.5The CAP ID card must be sufficiently different
from U.S. Armed Forces ID card that confusion will not occur.

Obviously an ID card like those is way to close to what the real military uses to ever be allowed.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

JArvey

Quote from: BTCS1* on December 24, 2010, 06:21:48 AM
From the GT Task Guide: Task O-0001 "c) All CAP Identification, including 101 card, 76 card, First Aid card, etc. (T)"

Thats a GT Task guide, not 39-1, so I do need it for getting signed off for ES, but according to regs it doesn't look like much else

BTCS1*

Agreed, however many squadrons (including my own), have local policies that require members to have their IDs on their person while at meetings/in uniform.