Professional Development checklist spreadsheet

Started by arajca, November 12, 2006, 11:23:53 PM

RogueLeader

When is there going to be a track for health sevices
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

arajca

When the NLO and NHSO hammer out the legal details.

arajca

Another update. Most likely the finished product.

Changes include:
Added OPSEC
Added Staff Sergeant (SSgt) to grade list
Added AF SOS, ACSC, AWC fields
Removing grid lines outside of data fields
Adding the "222 Command" specialty track to the drop down list - used only by current commanders as their primary specialty track.
Hiding the "Standards" worksheet
Added some cell comments and explanations

If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know ASAP. If you've made any changes to it, again let me know so I can see if I want them in the final version - unless they are purely local requirements. All the information and tasks listed are from the CAP pamphlets for each track. I want to keep them that way.

The file is still protected from changes, but data can be entered without a problem. This prevents folks from changing the formulas and breaking links. When you save the file for each member, I recommend saving the file as the member's name. That makes it easy to keep them straight.

When and if a specialty track progression is established for Health Services, I'll add it in. To minimize the impact of having to redo EVERY SM's file, I'll include instructions on how to just copy/paste the HSO stuff and any other changes that may need to be made (including password). That way, the PDO can easily update the affected member's file without having to reenter all the data.

arajca

I am using a 19" flat panel display on the computers I use to develop this. If someone is using a smaller screen, please let me know if the "Member Data" sheet shows completely and what size monitor you are using. I am looking at removing the horizontal scroll bar since on my computers it isn't needed, but I want to make sure it isn't needed on computers other members using this spreadsheet before removing it. Idea dropped since it won't fit on a 17" screen.

Additionally, should I put comments on each box on every checklist that is linked to another field or sheet? Already done.

I'm thinking of putting a few additional lines under the "AFIADL" chart for other military PME. The initial value would be "Other DoD PME". Both the "Other DoD PME" and date fields would be fillable. I can fit four lines for this and still maintain spacing. Is it something worthwhile? Already done.

One more thing, I used Office XP to develop this. I know everything works in that version of Excel. If you are using a different version of Excel, please let me know what your results are. Any issues, problems, malfuntioning code, etc. If everything works fine, please tell me that also along with your version of Excel.

RogueLeader

My laptop has a 17" Screen, but it does not completely fit.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SAR-EMT1

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

arajca

Here is the draft instructions for the worksheet. Constructive criticism appreciated. Destructive criticism ignored.

RogueLeader

This is very nice.  I'd give it an "Outstanding"
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

arajca

*grumble, grumble, grumble*

Just as I'm about to release this, they go and add another track. >:(

So...the release is on hold until such time as the IT track is released.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: arajca on March 08, 2007, 01:25:14 AM
*grumble, grumble, grumble*

Just as I'm about to release this, they go and add another track. >:(

So...the release is on hold until such time as the IT track is released.

Don'cha hate it when that happens?
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

RogueLeader

No kidding, when are they going to let enough alone?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

arajca

I'm also waiting for the DDR track to be released.

Tim Medeiros

CAPP 228 is released (DDR Specialty Track guide)
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

arajca

Tim Medeiros

your welcome, I've already sent this to my group PDO an am using to track my own items, looks good and well done.
1577/2811

Matt

One other point, instead of read-only-ing it, just protect sheets.  Make sure that you set the cells you want to write in to be unlocked, but that way only those cells that need data can get it.

To protect, simply goto Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet.

If you're looking to make sure that no one can change pages, such as delete a track, same sorta thing: Tools>Protection>Protect Workbook.

Just a couple cents, hope it helps.
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

arajca

I protected the workbook which leads to the Read-only status. The issue is, as you may have noticed, alot of cells are linked back and forth to help reduce some of the tedious data entry. I wouldn't want someone to replace a link with a date then complain the other cells that use that link don't work.

Tim Medeiros

1577/2811

arajca