Professional Development checklist spreadsheet

Started by arajca, November 12, 2006, 11:23:53 PM

arajca

I am developing a spreadsheet containing checklists for all the specialty tracks. It is not quite finished, but I am looking for some help with proofing reading it to make sure everything makes sense. I took the items for each specialty straight from the appropriate pamphlet.

In the final version, alot of information will be linked to and from the front page which will allow someone to get an overview of the member's ratings. Currently, some items are linked, but not all.

If you have suggestions to items not on the checklist, make sure it is in the pamhlet and not a local or wing requirement. The goal is to have every checklist meeting the standards listed in the pamphlet.

The file is an Excel 2002 spreadsheet.

Chappie

Checked out the checklist for both Chaplains and MLOs...no problem with either or suggestions.  Great work.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

arajca

Here is an updated version with all track listed (those that have pamphlets, at least) and linkages set up. The workbook is protected so information can only be entered in the appropriate cells.

Caveats:
1. This is still in the development stage, although it is functional.
2. For completing items on the checklists, enter only month and year.
3. Any suggestions for adding items to the checklists need to reference the appropriate pamphlet.

If you need the password, PM me.

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

davedove

It looks good, but I don't see a checklist for Recruiting and Retention Officer.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

arajca

Whoops. That's why I put it up here for review before releasing it. I'll add that one.

added updated version with R&R track

Camas

Looks great - obviously a lot of work has gone into it - good show!    :clap:

I haven't proof read the whole file.  Some of the AFIADL information under "204" is outdated due to changes involving submitting applications for courses and testing through AU.  I can understand that you're staying with the current publications for your references.  Hopefully a new CAPP 204 and a new CAPR 50-17 will be out soon.  You'll want to stay on top of that so that you can update your chart.

Again - good job.  Have you thought about submitting your file to "Best Practices" under "Professional Development"?

arajca

arajca

Here is the final version. I added a drop down list to select the member's grade with the correct appreviations. I also put together a brief instruction sheet, although I don't know if it is really needed.

I'll also be submitting to the best practices section for National.

Pylon

Sweet.  Thanks for sharing!

I know I will be passing this along to our unit's Senior Programs officers!  Good luck submitting it to the Best Practices page -- let us know if they actually post it.    ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

arajca

To all people using these checklists, the file is protected to prevent changes to the checklist items. You can still enter the member data and save it without the password. All the password will do is let you change the checklist items and break the links.

cnitas

Hello,

I wanted to say that this is a great spreadsheet!  I am trying to work out a similar spreadsheet for cadet records (if you know of one, please send it my way..it would save me a TON of work).

My 2 cents on how to make it better...You can change the cells on the Member data sheet so that the 'Jan-00' does not show up.  You can do it with an 'if' statement.  For example, you would change cell B27 on the Member data sheet to: 
=IF('200 Personnel'!B32="","",'200 Personnel'!B32) 

This makes the cells blank if nothing is entered on the checklist sheet, but fills in the appropriate date if the information has been entered.

You would need to change each other cells accordingly.

Thanks again for the excellent spreadsheet.

Mark Piersall
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

arajca

Thanks for the code. I didn't quite know how to blank those fields out. I'll add it to the spreadsheet and post teh revised final version here this weekend. I have to work, so the weekend is shot anyway. :'(

As for the cadet side, have you tried SIMS? It handles the cadet proram stuff easily and provides a slew of reports including test logs and CPFT scoresheets. The CPFT scoresheets list what each cadet needs to pass the CPFT, so you know immediately if the cadet passed. SIMS is available on Squadron Command. It uses the information from your downloaded CAPWATCH files so the information matches with National.

arajca

Working on Ver 2.

Changed:
Fields linked to dates show empty instead of "Jan-00".

Added:
Member Data: PD Level general task tracking
AEPSM, RSC, & NSC date fields
Primary, Secondary, and Additional Specialty Track drop boxes - up to ten tracks total can be displayed.

A comment on SIMS, it doesn't handle Professional Development tracking very well. It does handle the Cadet Program stuff excellently. I'll probably put the spreadsheet on Squadron Command when I release Ver 2.

RogueLeader

I was just creating my officers sheets together, and I noticed that there is no slot for 1st Lt.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

arajca

Al Sayre

I noticed that the other night when I was messing with it too.  The front page rank selection box doesn't contain 1st Lt.  Just hadn't got around to mentioning it...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

arajca

acarlson

great job! 

how about the OPS-SEC ?   the new requirement in Level 1.

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA