Main Menu

Virtual training

Started by exarmyguard, May 09, 2020, 05:46:30 PM

PHall

We've done videos in the past and they're very quickly are out of date.
Keeping training videos current is pretty much a full time job.
And as others have said we don't have the budget for that.
Heck even the military can't keep their training videos current and they have a lot more money then we have.

exarmyguard

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback. Enjoying the discussion immensely.

This video on MSA was a benefit to me. Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/bs2Z7TkEBo0

And ground team.
https://youtu.be/qy0LIhphnq4

Capt Thompson

Quote from: PHall on May 18, 2020, 01:26:01 AMWe've done videos in the past and they're very quickly are out of date.
Keeping training videos current is pretty much a full time job.
And as others have said we don't have the budget for that.
Heck even the military can't keep their training videos current and they have a lot more money then we have.

CAP wouldn't put together a budget for something like this, it would take members with the time and talent to pull it off free of charge. Some videos would become out of date quickly, but others, like Ground Team tasks, don't get updated all that often, the current green book is from 2004 so any video on the topics made since would still be valid. Covering all of the tasks for a given qualification, in detail with video demonstration would take quite a bit of effort to pull off.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

exarmyguard

I've purchased King School videos in the past and recently. I love their teaching style and extensive use of visual aids.

I've noticed that King will "cut and paste" updated information into their videos as needed.

I could see an AP course video created along the lines of a King School video.

exarmyguard

exarmyguard

any more training opportunities?