"Join" not on the CAP website anymore...

Started by Nomex Maximus, July 14, 2008, 09:07:58 PM

kpetersen

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on July 17, 2008, 02:21:31 AM
Back on topic now, do you think that nationals will be changing all their literature over to gocivilairpatrol?  Things like pamphlets and recruiting handouts have always said cap.gov.

I would bet they will, and, like standard CAP practice, take a long time to do so.  Though, I would say the pamphlets and recruiting information could stand to be updated.  Organizations tend to look better when they keep information (particularly recruiting) up to date.
Kat Petersen, Maj, CAP

JC004

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on July 17, 2008, 02:21:31 AM
QuoteRead the rules!
Nothing about your post was within the rules, you may wish to read them yourself.

Back on topic now, do you think that nationals will be changing all their literature over to gocivilairpatrol?  Things like pamphlets and recruiting handouts have always said cap.gov.

I'm wondering if they add any reference to the Air Force to the site... ???

RiverAux

It is a little strange that they don't mention the affiliation somewhat prominently.  I don't think it needs to be all over the place, but for credibility purposes, it should be there.

Tubacap

^Concur, that is one issue with using the command shield now.  It has no reference to the USAF.  Maybe they could put it on the one of the sides under/above the menu buttons. 

On an interesting side note, when going to the incountry.us site.  There are a ton of different ways to say USAF Auxiliary.  I never knew they all were spelled out on various patches/pubs.  Wow!
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

isuhawkeye

QuoteISU Hawkeye - Your right to use this forum to criticize the leadership of IAWG expired the day you quit CAP.  This site is for members only.  Read the rules!

Eric,

Welcome back to cao talk.  I see you have added a second screen name.  Dont you go by jersey boy??

I have, and continue to be a big supporter of the Iowa Wing.  I have spoken on your behalf both publicly, and privately. It hurts me that I continue to hear through channels that I have been undermining CAP.  I spent 10 years building things up why would I want to destroy things.  Besides It is not my style to hide in the shadows and throw rocks.

As to my participation on this board the majority of the members know of my status.  If the mods desire it I will walk away in a moment, but I believe that they find some value to my continued involvement here.

I'm not sure why you chose this thread to come after me, but If you would like to talk about things please feel free to contact me directly. 

John@HalbrookAssociates.com

Pylon

Quote from: IAWG/CV on July 17, 2008, 01:42:39 AM
ISU Hawkeye - Your right to use this forum to criticize the leadership of IAWG expired the day you quit CAP.  This site is for members only.  Read the rules!

Actually, we welcome all people who wish to respectfully participate at CAPTalk - membership status in CAP nonwithstanding.  Parents of cadets, potential members, former and retired members, aviation and ES community members, USAF and DoD personnel, etc. are all welcome on CAPTalk.  While the Code of Conduct indicates that the forum is open to all Civil Air Patrol members, it doesn't restrict membership to just members - merely indicate that people who are in CAP at any level or membership category are welcome. 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

isuhawkeye

THanks pylon,

Mike sent me a similar e-mail.  I truly hope that I can continue to be an active supporter of CAP event hough I am not a member. 

MIKE

Mike Johnston

stratoflyer

And we're back...

The JOIN button redirects to gocivilairpatrol.com and things seem to work nicely there.

However, I put in my zip code and got three nearby squadrons and get this--one of them is the group commander's contact info, and the other is a squadron that fell apart and is inactive. How is that to be updated?

And touching upon the CAP-USAF thing, why is national pushing away from this? Obviously many members are distraught over this, myself included. What can we do about it? Writing campaign, pitch fork rally, or just sit back and take it like we seem to do with a lot of national 'decisions'. And I am very, very glad to see that national seems to read posts here. So read this:

We of the Civil Air Patrol, are proud to serve as members of the United States Air Force Auxiliary!
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

Dad2-4

???
"....Let's do the time warp again..."
Where the heck did the thread go there for a bit? Are we back on to gocivilairpatrol.com again?
I find the sight to be good, especially for those who know little to nothing about the organization. This will help in recruiting new cadets to my middle school squadron when school starts. Parents can get on there and see what their child wants to get into, and prospective cadets can get enthused as well.

stratoflyer

Don't get me wrong, I think the GO CAP site is fantastic, really catchy and all. In fact, I posted before about it. It really is fine.

But I just have issues with the fact that nowhere on that site does it mention we are the USAF Auxiliary (only at the redirected pages). That, coupled with the new command patch and the repainting of the airplanes, is disconcerting to me.
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP