official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

RickFranz

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on March 22, 2008, 02:27:17 PM
Quote from: RickFranz on March 17, 2008, 12:33:10 PM
Hello CAP Talk

I have been lurking for awhile and thought it was time to get more involved.  I join CAP back in 1968, CAWG.  My family moved to NM transfered to there, stayed a Cadet for 6 years, did 6 years in the USAF (went to the Dark side when I joined the AF) 2 years at Whiteman AFB, then PCS'd to Torrejon AB, Spain for he rest of my time in the service.  When we (met my wife in the AF) got back to the states we moved around a bit.  We were in the TX and TN wings for a while and just dropped out.  When our daughter turned 12, we were living in SD, she joined and dragged all of us back in.  After several years in the SD Wing, my work moved us to KS where we stayed long enough for all three of our kids finished the cadet program (2 C/Lt Col. and 1 C/Capt).  After that we slowed down a bit and moved back to TX and dropped out again.  A few years ago moved back to KS and four out of the 5 of us rejoined and are active here in the squadron and the wing.  The one that is not - oh he is in the navy and is planning on "re-uping" once he gets out.

Welcome to CAPTalk, I can now say that your the 7th person from KSWG that I've met (at least online) in my entire CAP career :P

The few and the proud.  Thanks
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

jpnelson82

Hello all!

Yay, I'm new to CAPtalk, and new to the senior program. I used to be a cadet in Georgia Wing, earned my Earhart in 1999.
Captain Nelson, John P.
SWR-AZ-064 (senior)
SER-GA-116 (cadet)

Mitchell Award 43981
Earhart Award 10643
IACE 2000

Pylon

Quote from: jpnelson82 on March 30, 2008, 11:32:08 AM
Hello all!

Yay, I'm new to CAPtalk, and new to the senior program. I used to be a cadet in Georgia Wing, earned my Earhart in 1999.

Welcome!   :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

Hello everybody,

I am not really brand new here but our squadron's website is very new.  We are welcome for any comments and suggestions to improve the website.

Please have a look under:   www.capspangdahlem.com

Thanks and all the best from Europe.
Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG

RickFranz

Quote from: NHQ-OS-126 Frank on April 05, 2008, 09:44:23 AM

Hello everybody,

I am not really brand new here but our squadron's website is very new.  We are welcome for any comments and suggestions to improve the website.

Welcome to CAPTALK

That is a very interesting website you have there.  Keep up the good work.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: NHQ-OS-126 Frank on April 05, 2008, 09:44:23 AM

Hello everybody,

Welcome to CAPTalk, and nice site.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

TEAM SURGE

Hey I am new and what not trying to figure this out! How is everybody doing?
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

Pylon

Quote from: TEAM SURGE on May 02, 2008, 02:19:53 AM
Hey I am new and what not trying to figure this out! How is everybody doing?

Welcome to CAPTalk!  Tell us a bit about yourself! 

If you take a look back at this thread, many of our new members take this introductory opportunity to tell us a little about themselves, their background and their involvement in CAP.  Thanks for joining.   :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

sarflyer

Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

Sergeant Rock

Hey everyone,

Been in CAP for over a year, just found this site. Looks pretty awsome so far.

I'm a cadet in the Martinburg Composite Squadron, WV.
Rock
Martinsburg Composite Squadron
The Beast From the East

sarflyer

Work the program Rock!  :clap:
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

TEAM SURGE

I alrighty then Alittle about myself....I am Ryan. Umm I have been in CAP for three years. 2 and a half of them full acive years. I wrestle Play football. UMM I play bass guitar in three death metal bands. I look to break things....and also TRAIn a lot for MMA Mixed martial Arts....
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

smitjud

Been a reader of this site for quite some time.  Figured I might as well register and start chiming in here and there!

I've been in the program almost 10 years now and was a former cadet (C/LtCol).  Am now the DCP for the ALWG and happy to be here.
JUSTIN D. SMITH, Maj, CAP
ALWG

"You do not lead by hitting people over the head - that's assault, not leadership."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

RickFranz

Welcome to the both of you.  I have not been here real long myself, but I think you'll find most folks on here are very helpful.

Again, Welcome ;D ;D ;D
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Taber4

I have been in CAP for almost 2 years and love it.  I am hoping to go to the MAWG encampment this year and I am already signed up for SUPTFC in MS July 12-19.  I am a cadet in MA. 
Wes Clark
C/CMSgt
MA-071: Pilgrim Squadron, Plymouth MA
Squadron First Sergeant
Alpha Color Guard Commander

RickFranz

Welcome to CAPTALK C/SMSgt Clark!

Sounds like you all ready have a busy summer planned out.  Great to have you on board. :clap:
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

proveritas

Been lurking here for a little while... I figured there was somewhere on the Web where everyone hung out and I'm happy to finally find it! :D

Joined CAP last October (MER VA 023) and love every minute -- wish I'd known about it long before then. Just finished BCUT & scanner and am slowly getting stuff together for a 24 hour pack.
Hannah

RickFranz

Quote from: proveritas on June 04, 2008, 03:55:34 PM
Been lurking here for a little while... I figured there was somewhere on the Web where everyone hung out and I'm happy to finally find it! :D

Joined CAP last October (MER VA 023) and love every minute -- wish I'd known about it long before then. Just finished BCUT & scanner and am slowly getting stuff together for a 24 hour pack.

Welcome to CAPTALK.  I think you will find a lot of good info on here.  On the 24 hour pack, I found that the big box stores (Wal-Mart, K-Mart...) can be a good source for "cheap" items.  Spend a little get the items on the list and then go back as you can and upgrade those items.  Remember you get what you pay for.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

proveritas

Thanks. I shop a lot at Wally World and Kmart anyway, so I've been keeping my eyes open for some of this stuff. I think we might have some of it already from camping...we must have accumulated half a dozen compasses over the years...but finding it in the basement is the hard part!
Hannah

NC Hokie

Greetings!

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks now and figured that it's about time to take advantage of (and contribute to) this board in a more proactive way.  I am coming up on my first year anniversary in CAP and find that I am FAR more involved that I would have anticipated.

I am currently serving as my squadron supply officer, IT officer, and (as of last week :o) AE officer.  I'm active with our cadets and am currently working on ratings in Logistics, Aerospace Education, and Cadet Programs.

I look forward to "meeting" each of you and discussing all things CAP.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy