official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

MIKE

Quote from: weedermann on October 25, 2009, 02:31:48 AMP.S. Yeah, I like to use bold and alternative fonts when posting. Is my thing, and I'm sure the honchos will let me know if I am stepping on toes...

Prefer you didn't.
Mike Johnston

weedermann

Alright...the honchos have spoken. I'd like to know WHY though.
Demetrius Bryant, Former C/2nd Lt., CAP
Cape Cod Composite Squadron

PHall

Quote from: weedermann on October 25, 2009, 05:47:43 PM
Alright...the honchos have spoken. I'd like to know WHY though.

It's their playground and they makes the rules.

weedermann

QuoteIt's their playground and they makes the rules.

Ah well, is always the way of things I guess. Always one or two who dominate, who dictate policy for everyone else in our wonderful nation of freedom. No biggie...I did not return to CAP to hang around forums, chatting. Maybe there is a squadron in metro Los Angeles that I can offer whatever help I can.

PHall

Quote from: weedermann on October 25, 2009, 08:08:57 PM
QuoteIt's their playground and they makes the rules.

Ah well, is always the way of things I guess. Always one or two who dominate, who dictate policy for everyone else in our wonderful nation of freedom. No biggie...I did not return to CAP to hang around forums, chatting. Maybe there is a squadron in metro Los Angeles that I can offer whatever help I can.

You're in LA? Great, what part of town? And what are you interested in doing?
Most of the units in Group 1 are always looking for good people.
Try the California Wing Website   www.cawg.cap.gov   look under California Units.

weedermann

Quote from: PHall on October 25, 2009, 09:24:41 PMYou're in LA? Great, what part of town? And what are you interested in doing?

I live in the heart of L.A.. From this list, it looks like the closest squadron might be in Santa Monica. I have clerical skills; if they don't need those, then perhaps I can be available on a "as needed" basis.

OfficerT189

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

tdepp

Todd D. Epp, LL.M., Capt, CAP
Sioux Falls Composite Squadron Deputy Commander for Seniors
SD Wing Public Affairs Officer
Wing website: http://sdcap.us    Squadron website: http://www.siouxfallscap.com
Author of "This Day in Civil Air Patrol History" @ http://caphistory.blogspot.com

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ColonelJack

And welcome from an Illinois native ... and a Nebraska Admiral.

;D

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

rsipp

Greetings from a new SM Flint Bishop, Michigan (192) Senior Sqd.
Retired USAF 06. Five yrs active and 28 yrs Reserve service.  Retired corp. pilot.
SEA & Desert Storm.
Active in the EAA flying a Van's RV-10.
Passed Form 5 last week and looking forward to MP qual.
CAP is a great organization and we're having fun learning as much as we can.

Tailwinds
Dick Sipp "Frogman"

exFlight Officer

Thank You for your service!! Welcome to C.A.P. and CAPTalk!!

Dracosbane

Alright, here goes my first official post as a CAPTalker. 

I've been reading the board for a while, lurking before leaping, and I finally decided I should join.  I was a cadet in the 90s and left (foolishly) for about ten years.  Came back in Dec 08 and very happy I did.  Mitchell cadet (wore the butterball) but I'll have to pull out my cert. to find my number.  Now I'm waiting for my TIG in Feb. to get my silver bar.

And I'll apologize in advance if my sig image needs adjusting.  I'll do so as soon as I see it, this being my first post and all.

Stonewall

Quote from: Dracosbane on November 16, 2009, 07:32:46 PM

Someone wanted to show off their new signature block  >:D

Welcome to the forums.
Serving since 1987.

Dracosbane

James Shaw

Quote from: Dracosbane on November 16, 2009, 07:32:46 PM

I've been reading the board for a while, lurking before leaping, and I finally decided I should join.  I was a cadet in the 90s and left (foolishly) for about ten years.  Came back in Dec 08 and very happy I did.  Mitchell cadet (wore the butterball) but I'll have to pull out my cert. to find my number.  Now I'm waiting for my TIG in Feb. to get my silver bar.

And I'll apologize in advance if my sig image needs adjusting.  I'll do so as soon as I see it, this being my first post and all.

Nice sig and welcome. Nice tartan combo there.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Dracosbane

Thank you, Maj. Shaw.  Some of the members of our unit past and present have called ourselves (unofficially) the Black Watch Squadron.  I like to include it in my non-official graphic designs.

Now that I've adjusted the sig box, it looks more squished than it's supposed to be.  Perhaps a bit of a tweak is needed.

Lancer

Quote from: Dracosbane on November 16, 2009, 07:59:48 PM
Now that I've adjusted the sig box, it looks more squished than it's supposed to be.  Perhaps a bit of a tweak is needed.

Welcome to CAPtalk.

And since you're going to tweak your 'sig box'...dude...take it down a few notches, it does not need to be 2415.74 KB and 2400px × 1050px. I've got a 22" widescreen monitor and it well exceeds the confines of my screen. :-)

Dracosbane

Yeah, done.  Sorry.  I noticed what I was doing wrong in my profile.  Dropped it down.  Is that better?