Remember that one uniform idea?

Started by Stonewall, August 09, 2020, 06:35:13 PM

N6RVT

Quote from: shuman14 on November 15, 2021, 07:50:03 PMI'd also like to point out that BDU style Blue and/or Navy Blue in a traditional BDU style are actually becoming hard to find. There's plenty of Blue/Navy Blue "tactical uniforms" to choose from but they all seem to have different features from the old four pocket, waist tabbed, buttoned cuff BDU uniform.
They all seem to have epaulets, no lower pockets (for tucking into trousers) and arm pockets with zippers.
Biggest problem I have found is that most of them are two pocket models.  There is room for variation in other components, but the four pocket specification is what prevents most of these from being usable.  For that matter the old style USCG "Tucked ODU" could have been used as a CAP uniform (the untucked one had embroidery on it)

[fixed quotes - ed]

N6RVT

Quote from: SarDragon on November 14, 2021, 08:04:30 PM
Quote from: Dwight Dutton on November 14, 2021, 01:49:19 PM
Quote from: etodd on November 13, 2021, 03:41:29 AM
Quote from: shuman14 on November 12, 2021, 09:08:29 PMImagine, one Field/Work uniform for all Senior and Cadet members, the uniformity of a formation would be shocking.
Yes, all of us in our polo.  ;)

The closest thing to a unified appearance I ever saw was a group staff meeting with about 30 people in attendance.  Everyone was wearing a polo - and a sage green flight jacket.  Except myself as I did not feel particularly cold, so I did not have my blue one with me.....

And it was a unified disregard for the rules. Flight jackets are not authorized with the polo shirt.

8.2. USAF-style FDU (FDU)
8.2.7. Outer garments. The only authorized outer garment for this uniform is the green flight jacket (Flyers, Jacket MA-1, CWU-36/P or CWU-45/P) (Figure 8.3). Note: Flight Jackets will not be worn with Service, Working, or Utility uniforms. [This applies specifically to the green jacket.

5.3. CAP Corporate Working Uniform [Polo shirt]
5.3.9. Outer Garments. Appropriate civilian outer garments are authorized as well as the black leather jacket, light blue windbreaker, blue flight jacket, and the black fleece.

Indeed sir, that was actually my point.  (and this used to include the blue field jacket and the dark blue windbreaker that never existed)

N6RVT

We won't ever have a unified appearance, I just accepted that decades ago.