A By Invitation FORUM? Good or Bad idea?

Started by Major Carrales, December 20, 2006, 10:29:40 PM

sandman

My thought is that in a closed forum with only a small corps of regular contributors, that forum could only ruminate the same ideas and complaints back and forth, in a way developing a sort of cronyism. Allowing lurkers and part time contributers to post comments and ideas in an open forum will ignite an occasional bright idea, fresh thought, or good thread.

Bottom line, not a good idea.

Let us break thread together this season...
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command

Eclipse

See, this assumes we care, or want to see a bunch of nonsense.

I would love a place to go where you could ask a question, get an answer, and hear from current members with real-world experience.

What we get here and other places is too much, "What if?" crap.

"What if we were deputized, enlisted, commissioned, could fly helos, and
got to wear real uniforms, but weren'y required to actually work for it? Thoughts?"  ((*sigh*))

No one on this board is making policy, or taking action based on what a bunch of disgruntled current and ex members think.

If CAP blows hard enough for you to knock it publicly, LEAVE.

There is no reaason to stay in, and bouncing your head against a brick wall just makes you bleed and pisses off the wall.

"That Others May Zoom"

sandman

Quote from: Eclipse on December 22, 2006, 09:20:14 PM
See, this assumes we care, or want to see a bunch of nonsense.

I would love a place to go where you could ask a question, get an answer, and hear from current members with real-world experience.

What we get here and other places is too much, "What if?" crap.

"What if we were deputized, enlisted, commissioned, could fly helos, and
got to wear real uniforms, but weren'y required to actually work for it? Thoughts?"  ((*sigh*))

No one on this board is making policy, or taking action based on what a bunch of disgruntled current and ex members think.

If CAP blows hard enough for you to knock it publicly, LEAVE.

There is no reaason to stay in, and bouncing your head against a brick wall just makes you bleed and pisses off the wall.

Sounds like you're working through a few issues yourself. I hope no one forced you to participate in CAP or related activities such as a forum...

Throw you questions out there...yes, you may have to sift through some background noise to get your answer...in contrast, the supposed benefit of a closed system is outshined by a dynamic open forum such as this one...in my opinion.
Maybe CAP can develop a system such as Navy Knowledge Online, Army Knowledge Online, or the Air Force equivalent. The CAP Knowledgebase pallors in comparison (anyone out there care to expand on NKO and AKO?)
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command