Main Menu

What Happened???

Started by mmouw, December 20, 2006, 09:02:16 PM

mmouw

I was on here yesterday (which I am everyday) and there was a posting about Maj. Gen. Pineda and his ACSC course and now no sign of it!!! I personally don't believe in it, but when I come back the very next day and there is no trace of it, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Does anyone know what is up?
Mike Mouw
Commander, Iowa Wing

MIKE

Mike Johnston

mmouw

Mike Mouw
Commander, Iowa Wing

MIKE

Quote from: mmouw on December 20, 2006, 09:16:13 PM
And.........????????

I will let one of the Administrators explain... If they choose to.  I'm just a lackey.
Mike Johnston

shorning

Or...we could just continue on with topics that don't violate CAP Talk's "Code of Conduct".

Pylon

Quote from: mmouw on December 20, 2006, 09:02:16 PM
I was on here yesterday (which I am everyday) and there was a posting about Maj. Gen. Pineda and his ACSC course and now no sign of it!!! I personally don't believe in it, but when I come back the very next day and there is no trace of it, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Does anyone know what is up?

The hairs on the back of your neck can stand at ease.  There's no cover-up operation for anybody or anything going on here.   ::)

While our staff has been extremely patient around here with allowing just about anybody to say what they'd like and not infringing upon that, it has recently begun to clearly cross the line of the code of conduct that was established at the outset of this discussion community.

I kindly direct your attention to our Code of Conduct, in effect since Feb 2005.  Particularly, pay attention to bullet #4.  I'll quote it below:

Quote from: Membership Code of Conduct
Members will not engage in libel, slander, name-calling, or personal attacks.  Members will not post any hateful material about any person, unit, or organization.  There is a line between leadership examples and scenarios, or having constructive discussions about problems without naming names, and attacking others outright.  Personal threats are also strictly prohibited.

In other words, this discussion board was never the place to air your grievances against your cadet commander/squadron ES officer/wing commander/[insert anybody else here].  We allow discussions of problems in units without naming names for the pure reason of leadership discussion and problem solving.

When you start naming names it turns from those types of worthwhile, professionally-beneficial discussions into an accusation.  Most people named in accusations here are not here to defend themselves. Even if they were, do you hold formation in your CAP unit and then make your accusations and arguments against people in front of the whole formation?   No.  You do that kind of thing in private for a reason.

CAPTalk is not the IG, we are not the personal complaint department, and we are not in the business of hosting what could turn into a potential slander or libel suit.  Even the media isn't entirely free to run with the banner of "freedom of speech" and "freedom of the press" and has a lawful obligation to self-censor certain things.

This discussion community was set up to allow CAP members to have discussions about their work in CAP, share ideas, improve their units, exchange professional development information, and generally grow as CAP members - whether cadet or senior member.

This is not the water cooler in your unit's back office.

We're bringing this discussion board back to what it should be.  Not because we don't believe or disbelieve what's being posted, not because we agree or disagree with any commander, leadership decision, or other person.  We're not trying to censor anything because we support one side over another.  There is no conspiracy here; we're shaping this discussion community back into what we wanted it to be - openly and intentionally. We're bringing this discussion board back because we want a community of professional CAP members who want to better themselves and their Civil Air Patrol unit. 

If you need any further clarification, please feel free to PM me.  
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Johnny Yuma

As one Unpaid Professional to another, I don't see where there was any violation of CoC #4. It was more bad news about the organization as a whole and a conversation on Integrity and the Core Values the whole organization needs to achieve.

Moderators: The pendulum is swinging too far the other way, gentlemen...

Johnny Y.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Pylon

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on December 20, 2006, 10:04:22 PM
As one Unpaid Professional to another, I don't see where there was any violation of CoC #4. It was more bad news about the organization as a whole and a conversation on Integrity and the Core Values the whole organization needs to achieve.

Moderators: The pendulum is swinging too far the other way, gentlemen...

Johnny Y.

As a board administrator to a member, I did. 

Perhaps you didn't have the opportunity to see the entire thread, including some very detailed posts with detailed allegations.  We did.

Somebody saying:  Member X did this.  Y said this about Z.  Commander of X violated this rule, and Commander of ABC did that wrong... those are all specific, those are allegations, and that's over the line of our Code of Conduct. 

Sorry to those of you who think we're squelching important news about the organization.  There are other sites you can get that from, News of the Force included.

Edit to add (12/21):  And now the news has at least been presented in a journalistic manner on the discussion board.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP