Main Menu

www.letssaythanks.com

Started by Lancer, December 18, 2006, 10:54:28 PM

Lancer

Passing this along...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Members;

Something cool that Xerox is doing -
If you go to this web site, www.letssaythanks.com you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it, and it will be sent to a
soldier that is currently serving in Iraq.
You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!!

This is a great site. Please send a card.

It is FREE and it only takes a second. This truly took me less than 5 minutes to complete!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these?
I encourage all of you to pass this along to your squadrons and members to support out troops during the holidays.

-C/Lt Col Elizabeth Dumont, CAP
MIWG CAC Chair

-------------------------------------------------------

Let's spread the word!

-Mark

whatevah

cool, a link to that was posted on a Jeep forum I run a month or so ago.. I sent one!

thanks for posting the email, Mark.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

mikeylikey

I received similar stuff like this when I was over there.  On days when you don't get any other mail and you don't have access to email it is nice to at least get something.  This and others like it are great moral boosters.  Too bad CAP does not have a "support airman" type program.  Say CAP members nationally raise gifts and items for deployed airman.  If I am not mistaken did CAP do this a few years back?  I just can't remember.
What's up monkeys?

RogueLeader

I did one too, I think that this is a good way to make another prsons day.
SEMPER VI
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

A.Member

Definitely like the idea - I just don't like the execution of it. 

All the cards look like they were created by young children.   Why is this?   There should be some "grown-up" selections as well - or create your own.  I don't know if this was intended to give the appearance of also having come from a child or not but it doesn't sit right with me.

Another suggestion is to consider "adopting" a local unit that is deployed (especially if you have members in that unit) - send them your support.  It's too late for Christmas but your squadron could send a deployed unit care packages.  Letters and such are always appreciated.

Another worthy veterans organization:
http://soldiersangels.org/valour/index.html
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

CAP428

Those are cool sites.  Thanks for posting them.