New to board and return to CAP.

Started by GLofland, December 04, 2006, 03:00:07 AM

GLofland

Hello, I am new to the board and I like what I see so far. Thanks to some friends of mine I am now back into CAP. It makes a diff. when you know that you have great friends that care about you enough to introduce you to an extra lifestyle that takes more then 20 hours plus a week on top of work... Thanks for the great memories.. Anyone want to put a round in my brainpan? hehe, please?  But really I would not miss it for the world. Thanks to those who have brought be back to my home that I left years ago. Cheers!
Gordon M. Lofland, SM, CAP
Pegasus Squadron - Tango Flight Commander
http://www.pegasuscap.org

Major Carrales

Quote from: GLofland on December 04, 2006, 03:00:07 AM
Hello, I am new to the board and I like what I see so far. Thanks to some friends of mine I am now back into CAP. It makes a diff. when you know that you have great friends that care about you enough to introduce you to an extra lifestyle that takes more then 20 hours plus a week on top of work... Thanks for the great memories.. Anyone want to put a round in my brainpan? hehe, please?  But really I would not miss it for the world. Thanks to those who have brought be back to my home that I left years ago. Cheers!

Welcome back!!!

Yes, CAP works best when we are all friends.  I think you will find these boards helpful.

I say create a "Questions/catch up thread" where you ask all your questions.  There are those here that get annoyed when one has a genuine question that was greatly disussed but is now on page five or six.  they will point you to the "search function."  Much like I am doing now.  If this does not answer your question bring it here and I, and others, will do my best to help you when my ignorance is not too think.  ;)

We should be here to help each other.

Major Carrales
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Pylon

Quote from: GLofland on December 04, 2006, 03:00:07 AM

Welcome to CAPTalk and welcome back to CAP!  :)

Though CAP work can definitely be time consuming, I've found it's an extremely rewarding experience that pays for itself just because of that.  To me, the time I spent in CAP is never enough -- I find myself wishing I had more hours in the week to work for CAP.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

alexalvarez

Welcome back to CAP. CAP needs all the good people it can get. Blessings on you.
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

GLofland

Thank you for all your support. I am quite happy now that I am back. I find that it does take more effort now thought then when I was in as a youngster. hehe I did not have to worry about much back then just do what I was told and make sure that others do the same. I have had extensive backgrounds in BS, CAP, JROTC, 8 Years active duty in the Army, and now back at CAP.  It seems that I can not keep away from GREAT people such as what we have in these Org.

I want to take a moment and just give thanks to all of us who DO take the time out of our lives and DO give that time and effort to our younger staff. I think it is worth every second of our time.

Thanks.

Your Friend,

Gordon M. Lofland,
Gordon M. Lofland, SM, CAP
http://www.pegasuscap.org

JohnKachenmeister

Another former CAP officer