What I do outside of CAP (Where my CAP dollars come from...)

Started by Fifinella, November 26, 2008, 12:29:26 AM

Ranger75

Past -- U.S. Army Infantry Officer (Retired)
Present -- Senior Human Intelligence Officer

Walkman

I've been in the advertising biz for about 17 years on the creative side. About 18 months ago I started my own ad agency. It's been going pretty well.

PA Guy

I've been a Physician Assistant for 30 yrs and am now semi-retired.  I spent 20+ yrs with a large health services agency in SoCal, 18 yrs in a clinical role then moved into disaster planning.  Prior to my retirement I ran a MMRS program, http://www.fema.gov/mmrs/ ,for several yrs.

I now work part time as an instructor in a WMD/EMS program that is part of the  DHS/Natl. Domestic Preparedness Consortium.

O-Rex

Credit Manager, Ferguson Enterprises, Inc., Ft. Lauderdale, FL

. . . . . and part-time existential philosopher extraordinaire  >:D

CAPSGT

Currently, my main job is working in the Logistics division of the nations largest privately owned construction company (3rd largest in overall domestic construction).  It's never dull, one day I'm working finances, the next I'm managing special projects and testing new IT software, the next I'm dispatching trucks, the next I'm working in purchasing.  Been there for almost 2 years.

On the side, I do BBQ catering during the summer season.  Been doing this for about 10 years now.

Previously I've also managed a higher-end beer & wine store for 3 years (back when CecilDP and I were in the same squadron), and have been a Starbucks Barista twice.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Johnny Yuma

Electronics technician for BNSF Railway.

A coworker and myself are in charge of keeping all the phones, LAN and data to the desktops working for all the users in a 12 story office building.

Except I'm sitting at home on short term disability having a heel spur and a vascular malformation removed from my right leg. 
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Major Carrales

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on November 28, 2008, 04:05:16 PM
Electronics technician for BNSF Railway.

A coworker and myself are in charge of keeping all the phones, LAN and data to the desktops working for all the users in a 12 story office building.

Except I'm sitting at home on short term disability having a heel spur and a vascular malformation removed from my right leg. 

So were you a ATSF man or a Burlington Northern guy?  Or, did you come in after the merger?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

IceNine

I manage the "service" operations for a small company delivering toys.  Billiards tables, shuffleboard, darts, card tables, Spa's/hottubs, bars, etc.

I setup the service schedule's for 3 crews and occasionally run a crew of my own.

Of course I do all of this part-time.  I too am a full time CAP'er, and from time to time I allow my boss to tell me where to be.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

hatentx

I am active duty army.  I am an Electronics, Avionics and Weapon System and sub system Repairer on the AH-64 D Longbow Apache.  (thats the one with the spare tire on top.)  Such a long name for fixing wires, software issues and things that go boom.  I have aspirations of getting out and selling drugs and living under a bridge one day. ;D

Pumbaa

I am an engineer with Lockheed.. Electronic Defense Systems, Electronic Warfare.. As a matter of fact I support the APR-48 that is found on the Longbow.. That's the thing below the spare tire!  (FCR)  The APR-48 is known as a Radar Frequency interferometer, it works with the Fire Control Radar.  I am supposed to go to Kuwait to teach Apache pilots on it's functions.  Was supposed to go last year, but the Army is slow in approval I guess...

tarheel gumby

Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

Stonewall

Quote from: tarheel gumby on November 29, 2008, 01:00:53 AM
I work in the hotel industry.... ;D

Me too, actually.
Serving since 1987.

drcomm

For the last 23 years I have been an aircraft mechanic / avionics technician for a major airline with a maintenance base in Tulsa, OK.  I am currently working avionics on the Boeing 757 "C" check line.       
David Romere, Maj, CAP
Starbase Composite Squadron, SWR-OK-151
Oil Well 767
Mitchell Award #2536 (May 1981)
Amateur Radio Call Sign: KA5OWI

PHall

Civilian side: Maintenance Splicing Technician for at&t. (Translation, I play in telephone cables and occasionally make something work.)

Military side: MSgt (Ret), USAFR   Total of 31 years in the military. Would have stayed longer but they retired my airplane out from under me!

1974-1975 Avionics Tech, CA ANG
1975-1978 Avionics Tech, USAF
1978-1980 Boom Operator, USAF
1980-1983 Medic, CA ARNG
1983-1989 Boom Operator, USAF
1989-2005 Flight Engineer, USAFR

smj58501

• 1993-1995 Sales and Marketing
  • 1995-1999 State Emergency Management

• 1999-Present Full Time Army National Guard (commissioned in 1991)
  • 1997-Present CAP Member

Which one do you think I enjoy most  ;)
Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

alexalvarez

I am the pastor at St. John United Methodist Church in Rio Grande City, Texas.
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

RocketPropelled

1996-98: Instructor, Aviation Challenge
1998-99: Web Design/Marketing
1999-2000: Web Design
2000-2001: Public Relations/Marketing
2001-2003: Web Application Design/User Experience
2003-Present: Project Manager, Utility Industry

Stonewall

RocketPropelled, you told me you worked at Burger King?  Here's proof, this is your handwriting...

Serving since 1987.

billford1

I worked as an avionics technician for 16 years until 1998. Since then I have worked as an electronic hardware engineer with an avionics manufacturer.

JAFO78

Quote from: Stonewall on December 01, 2008, 02:38:08 AM
RocketPropelled, you told me you worked at Burger King?  Here's proof, this is your handwriting...

:o  ::)  ;) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ouch........
JAFO