Main Menu

AUX ON/AUX OFF

Started by davidsinn, September 22, 2009, 04:22:42 PM

davidsinn

Looks like we are officially not the USAF Aux. when we are not on an AFAM  :( The red text was changed with the newest revision of 50-17.

QuoteCAPR 50-17 22 SEPTEMBER 2009 5
CHAPTER 1–OVERVIEW
1-1. Purpose of the Senior Member Professional Development Program. CAP is a federally chartered non-profit corporation. It is the official auxiliary of the United States Air Force when operating on authorized Air Force missions. Congress chartered CAP to perform certain duties for individual communities and for the nation. That charter helped establish CAP's three missions: Emergency Services, Aerospace Education, and Cadet Programs. To accomplish its mission, CAP requires an informed, active senior membership trained in leadership, management, and functional tasks. The CAP Senior Member Professional Development Program prepares members to serve their units, their communities, and their nation.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

vento

Yeap, that is also the reason why we had to remove the wording "USAF AUX" from the tail of our aircrafts and replace them with the wording "Civil Air Patrol".

davidsinn

Quote from: vento on September 22, 2009, 04:27:34 PM
Yeap, that is also the reason why we had to remove the wording "USAF AUX" from the tail of our aircrafts and replace them with the wording "Civil Air Patrol".

That's what I've heard for years this is just the first time I've seen it in writing from NHQ.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

FW

Yep, whatever we can spend taxpayer dollars for is "USAF Aux." business.  Whatever we must spend membership money, donations, etc. for is our business.  ;D 

heliodoc

Finally something in writing...

That ought to settle the Auxiliary thing...   

Rotorhead

Quote from: heliodoc on September 22, 2009, 04:59:49 PM

What do you mean by "settle"?
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

Cecil DP

Quote from: Rotorhead on September 22, 2009, 05:56:44 PM
Quote from: heliodoc on September 22, 2009, 04:59:49 PM

What do you mean by "settle"?

It's more of a "Now you see, now you don't" situation.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Eclipse

This isn't new information...

"That Others May Zoom"

Spike

I incorporate DDR into just about anything I can.  That is an AF mission, thus it must mean I am always performing AF assigned missions....right?!?!

The Base we meet at has the sign outside our building as " USAF Auxiliary, CAP SQD xxx".  So, we must be the AF Auxiliary. 

Lets be proud that we are both a corporation and the sometimes USAF Auxiliary. 

RiverAux

I have contended that though not every individual member is on AFAM status at any one time, CAP as an organization is always the AF Auxiliary.  See http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=4407.0

The CyBorg is destroyed

When the general public sees me in uniform, I often get asked, "are you in the Air Force?"

My reply is most often along the lines of:

"I am an officer in the Civil Air Patrol, the volunteer auxiliary of the United States Air Force."

Usually the response is "like the Air National Guard or Air Force Reserve?", to which I say that we are volunteers and, unlike the ANG/AFRES, we do not have an armed, combatant mission.

Then I often get incredulous looks and remarks along the lines of "you do this and don't get paid for it?"

But sometimes I get a response like, "I didn't know you guys were still around!"
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: CyBorg on September 23, 2009, 01:08:17 AMThen I often get incredulous looks and remarks along the lines of "you do this and don't get paid for it?"

Our wing Chaplain and Chief of Staff got the exact response from the National Guard Bureau's Chief of Chaplains a couple weeks ago during a state chaplain's conference they were invited to.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Mustang

This "news" is almost 10 years old.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

davidsinn

Quote from: Mustang on September 23, 2009, 04:35:04 AM
This "news" is almost 10 years old.

Yes it is. AFAIK it's the first time it's been codified in our own regs.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Phil Hirons, Jr.

davidsinn

Former CAP Captain
David Sinn