Main Menu

2018 Winter Boards

Started by LSThiker, March 05, 2018, 05:29:57 AM

LSThiker

Other than the obvious elephant in the room, what else happened at winter boards?  Anything else interesting?

Any news for the Senior Member front?  Any updates from the departments? 

Cadet front?  Exciting proposals being worked on by NCAC? 

Fester

There's an elephant in the room?  :P
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Fubar

Quote from: Fester on March 05, 2018, 05:35:59 AM

He'll be easy to spot. He's wearing a ribbon.

Fester

Quote from: Fubar on March 05, 2018, 06:37:11 AM
Quote from: Fester on March 05, 2018, 05:35:59 AM

He'll be easy to spot. He's wearing a ribbon.

Fake News!!!

He won't be eligible to wear the ribbon because he's fat and fuzzy.  He'll have a lapel pin on.  :P
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

UWONGO2

I am not a part of the leadership team, however I did get the opportunity to observe some of the meetings. I had not been to one of these before and I found it very interesting. I was extremely impressed with the leaders that spoke and how hard they are working in various working groups. Hearing the CAP-USAF commander and meeting the AD commander for my region made me feel real good about the support we're getting from the people assigned by the USAF to work with us (the support they get from big blue on the other hand is disappointing, but understandable as the entire air force is working short handed).

The overall gist I got was MGen Smith is working both the paid and volunteer staff like crazy. They are all working in working groups tackling some significant issues, such as leadership development, base access (no, we're not all getting CAC cards), distributing vanguard funds, and more. MGen Smith certainly seemed impressive and very knowledgeable about tackling executive level issues.

One interesting part of the meeting is where a number of people were selected to speak about something in their wing that is working really well so that other wings could perhaps use that best practice. There was lots of focus on improving processes and fostering innovation, even in a rules-driven bureaucratic organization like CAP.

Overall I feel very fortunate to have attended.