Accidentally lapsed, now what?

Started by Capt Thompson, March 03, 2018, 04:21:10 PM

Capt Thompson

Just realized I forgot to pay my yearly renewal. Went in to eservices to make the payment, but my access has been revoked. What is the process to get this taken care of, do I need to fill out another membership application and fingerprint card?
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

Fubar

Just give NHQ a call at (877) 227-9142 or drop them an email at membershipservices@capnhq.gov and they can help you out. I know a few folks who have accidentally done this and it's no big deal to get you back on the membership roster.

N6RVT

Quote from: 1st Lt Thompson on March 03, 2018, 04:21:10 PM
Just realized I forgot to pay my yearly renewal. Went in to eservices to make the payment, but my access has been revoked. What is the process to get this taken care of, do I need to fill out another membership application and fingerprint card?

If your membership expired less than a year ago you still have access, it will just default to the membership renewal page until you pay, which you can do online, and your membership is restored without a break.

If your membership has been expired more than a year, but less than two, your access will have expired.  You have to do it through the mail and include TWO fingerprint cards.  But again, it is restored with no break in service.  I did this myself as I was not a member of CAP at all in 2015, but my records do not reflect that.

If you have been out more than two years you are starting over from scratch.

Ozzy

Quote from: N6RVT on March 03, 2018, 11:25:40 PM
Quote from: 1st Lt Thompson on March 03, 2018, 04:21:10 PM

If your membership expired less than a year ago you still have access, it will just default to the membership renewal page until you pay, which you can do online, and your membership is restored without a break.

If your membership has been expired more than a year, but less than two, your access will have expired.  You have to do it through the mail and include TWO fingerprint cards.  But again, it is restored with no break in service.  I did this myself as I was not a member of CAP at all in 2015, but my records do not reflect that

If you have been out more than two years you are starting over from scratch.

You wouldn't be starting over from scratch... you would have to submit all of the normal paperwork for membership and retake level 1, but if you were a member since eServices has been around, most of your levels and other stuff that was entered into eServices will still be there. You would need to submit a form 2 to get your grade back and it would be up to your commander to count any previous TIG for your next promotion as eligible or not.

Edit: Here ya go! https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/members/cap-national-hq/member-services/how-to-renew-your-membership/

Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19