Unit Citations in eServices?

Started by GaryVC, March 03, 2018, 05:20:10 PM

GaryVC

Our unit recently received the Unit Citation. Can we expect this to eventually be noted in eServices or are we going to have to place a document in each file for the members that have earned it?

Holding Pattern

From experience: put it in their file. They'll appreciate it later even if you finally get it to show up in eservices.

kwe1009

I'm not sure of any way to add a Unit Citation for an individual in eServices.  It would be really nice to have and shouldn't be that difficult (something like the encampment credit module would work).

SarDragon

I have generated a supplemental PA listing the specific members in the unit eligible to wear the UCA. A copy of both pages goes in each record.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AdAstra

Use the new Recommendation for Decorations module in eServices. Click on "Unit Citation Award" from the first drop-down menu, then enter a member's name instead of unit name. Click "Historic Award", which indicates that you're entering an already-approved award, vice recommending a new award.

Looks like you'll have to enter each member individually.
Charles Wiest

GaryVC

Quote from: AdAstra on March 04, 2018, 01:10:40 AM
Use the new Recommendation for Decorations module in eServices. Click on "Unit Citation Award" from the first drop-down menu, then enter a member's name instead of unit name. Click "Historic Award", which indicates that you're entering an already-approved award, vice recommending a new award.

If that works it's a last resort. We have 80 members in our squadron although not all were here during the award period.

kwe1009

Quote from: AdAstra on March 04, 2018, 01:10:40 AM

I tried that a month or so ago and it did not work.  The module ignored the member's information and entered it as an award for the unit only.

RiverAux

You know, the CG Aux has had all their awards in their electronic records system for at least 13-15 years so I find it strange that CAP still doesn't do this right.  However, it is paid CG staff members that actually do the data entry for these since all the awards (except for local type certificates) are actually signed off on by the CG.  So, I get that with no previous national tracking of who has gotten awards that getting all the old ones in the system is going to be pretty dependent on member initiative, but at the bare minimum they should have a working data entry system for this.

LATORRECA

I do wonder the same. I keep all docs on my record because of all that. After my fifth move and unit, Its hard to find information of prior unit awards for the time I was serving there. To paraphrase RiverAux said "why can we do the same as the CGAUX".
   We did a step forward by having the electronic filling on e-services and as I understood for the Excellence award, which also will be put electronically by CAPNHQ. So whats the different to do the same for Unit award like this.
  I do know, we have members here in this forum can answer this question properly.

Carlos A.