2006 NYW Encampment - Forum for Cadet Staff

Started by MajBarbBurns, March 12, 2006, 09:28:37 PM

MajBarbBurns

This is a discussion forum for cadets interested in staff positions at the 2006 New York Wing Encampment.  Information is also available at the official website: www.nywgcadets.org/enc2006
Maj Barbara Burns
New York Wing Encampment

jaxpenz

Does anyone know if you need two 17c forms for the two different workshops.

MajBarbBurns

Workshops - you need one NYWGF17C for EACH workshop.
Maj Barbara Burns
New York Wing Encampment

dwb

The deadline to apply for cadet command staff positions for the 2006 New York Wing Encampment is fast approaching.  This deadline (April 1st) is only for those applying for cadet commander, deputy cadet commander, cadet executive officer, and first sergeant.  The application deadline for other cadet staff positions is May 13th.

To apply, visit the 2006 NYWG Encampment web site at http://nywgcadets.org/enc2006 and click "How to Apply".  Cadets are encouraged to submit their essays through the web site.  You can submit the essay before the remainder of your paperwork is processed.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

JayT

I will not be able to attend the first training weekend, will I still be eligible for Flight Commander, Medical, or SET?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

dwb

Quote from: JThemann on April 09, 2006, 09:25:08 PMI will not be able to attend the first training weekend, will I still be eligible for Flight Commander, Medical, or SET?

Yes.  Although we prefer that people attend both workshops, we understand that not everybody is able to make it, and it won't impact your ability to apply for the positions you've listed.

Edited to add: Please let the encampment registrar know you will not be able to attend.  Her contact information is available here.  For anyone else that reads this thread, contact the registrar and I if you're unable to attend a workshop, so we can get the food quantities right.

Michael

Re: 17c Forms
Should they be included when we mail the NYWF31 and NYWF96 to the Registrar, or should they just be brought to the workshops?
Bill Coons, C/Capt

dwb

You should mail the forms with your encampment paperwork, so we know you're going to be at the workshops.  You can hand-carry the workshop fees, but we'd prefer to have the paperwork in advance.

Thanks,

JayT

Who exactly do I need to inform if I can't make the first weekend?

I haven't submited my F96 or F32 yet.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

dwb

Me.  And the Encampment Registrar (Maj Falco).

We strongly encourage people to attend both workshops, but if you do have prior engagements, you just need to let Maj Falco and I know.

medic073

When will we find out our assigned staff position?
-Marchand-

Rotterdam EMS
Mohawk Ambulance

dwb

Quote from: medic073 on April 20, 2006, 04:11:01 PMWhen will we find out our assigned staff position?

Sorry, I missed this one.

We do most of our staff evaluation during the first workshop on 19-21 May.  You should hear within a week after that workshop.

Michael

At what precise time should the staff arrive at Stratton ANGB on 20 July?
Bill Coons, C/Capt

dwb

Quote from: navyaviator on May 01, 2006, 10:35:37 PMAt what precise time should the staff arrive at Stratton ANGB on 20 July?

Precisely when you're told.  ;D

We haven't actually determined that yet.  I imagine it will be in the evening, but we'll get the word out on that with plenty of time to spare.

jjax42

Regarding this coming Staff Training Weekend (19-21 May), what type of "bedding" should be brought? On the site it states that "if staying on base, bring bedding, and be prepared to sleep on the floor in cabins", do you suggest sleeping bags and pads, or sheets and blankets?

Thank you!!

C/SSgt Jillian Jackson
C/SSgt Jillian Jackson, CAP

dwb

C/SSgt Jackson,

Sleeping bags and pads.  There may be cots available to us, but we don't know yet.  Assume you're sleeping on a wooden floor, and plan accordingly.

I, personally, am bringing a cot.  If you own a cot, and it's not too big or too difficult to travel with, you can bring it with you.  I wouldn't go out and buy one just for this weekend, since you won't need it for the encampment itself.

See you Friday!

ltsenderoff

On the equipment list is says to bring warm PT gear...i would jus tlike to know what type of PT we will be doing.

dwb

It will be stretching and light calisthenics.  PT this weekend serves two purposes:

1. Helping the cadets get their bodies going for the busy day.

2. Allow us to evaluate first sergeant applicants as they execute PT.

We want people to bring warm PT gear because it may be as low as the 50s in the morning.

Michael

Re: Equipment
Should we bring the same equipment to the Staff Skills Weekend that we brought to the Leadership Workshop, with the exception of Blues?
Bill Coons, C/Capt

dwb

Whoops, looks like I missed your question, Coons.

Oh well, you figured it out, anyway. :)