Regional Flight Academies

Started by Hooch, April 05, 2013, 02:13:02 AM

Hooch

Hey,
I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has been to a North East Region Glider academy or a North Central Region Glider academy. I am debating on which to focus on getting into, NCR or NER. I want to know what the atmosphere is like, how are the instructors, what types of places do you stay at, would you recommend it, that sort of thing.
Thanks,

Huey Driver

NER's are very relaxed-as long as you don't abuse that atmosphere. The people are great though. Many Instructors have been doing the academies for years, and many students are also recurring so there's a good sense of friendship and feeling like a mission-oriented team. The instructors are all very skilled and accomplished pilots, and they all come from very different backgrounds and all have different attitudes, (e.g. fun and talkative, strict and very professional, or in between, or more). Either way, there's an instructor for you and all great people and teachers in the end. Lastly, accommodations leave more to be desired, whether you're in camp trailers, an old squadron building in a house, old barracks, or tents. They're fun though, and are all part of the experience! They honestly aren't that bad  ;)

Overall, I highly recommend all of NER's academies and would return to any of them in a heartbeat if it weren't for work and money :P

If you have any further questions about a specific NER academy, just ask or shoot me a PM.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...