Actually heard on a CAP radio during a SAREX

Started by JohnKachenmeister, June 07, 2009, 03:20:58 AM

JohnKachenmeister

"Florida CAP XXX, this is CAPflight XXX;  We will give you a better location shortly, we have a strong signal.  Just give me a few minutes to play with my Becker."

"CAPflight XXX, Florida CAP XXX; Roger.  I'll wait here holding my Johnson until you call."
Another former CAP officer

BuckeyeDEJ

So a strong Becker is no match for a Johnson?

Funny.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

JohnKachenmeister

I don't think that the Observer knew how funny the transmission was.  The Ground Team Leader, however, picked up on it right away and clearly was being a smart-[alec].  I choked on my coffee when I heard it.  It was really funny.
Another former CAP officer

AlphaSigOU

Whip out your [Nor]becker!  ;D I'd be ROTFLMAO!
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Gunner C

flyerthom

TC

BillW

Don't tell me it was one of my recent MO students.

Nolan Teel

John, I dont know if you remember me but I think you were getting active in GR IV there in FLWG right as I was packing up to head to Texas.  I saw you a few times at Patrick at the Commanders Calls, I cant remember who the Group Commander was at the time but I think it was either LTC Durham or LTC Owen....  Hope things are going well! 

LtCol Hooligan

I was on a mission many years ago as a GTL trainee and was following the GTL in a second van when we went through a slushy rain storm (kind of like really cold rain drops for you southerners).  It was one of those days where most of the pilots were back at base, drinking coffee and not really wanting to fly- it was too cold, you know.  At any rate, the GTL in the lead van radioed in that we were going through large hail- keep in mind slushy rain- no hail in sight.  We were told to RTB and were back in 30 minutes.  There wasn't a plane on the ramp.  They all took off and headed for home.  The IC was not impressed with the GTL's weather forecasting abilities!!
ERIK C. LUDLOW, Lt Col, CAP
Director of IT; Director of Cadet Programs
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.ndcap.us

Gunner C

Quote from: LtCol Hooligan on June 08, 2009, 03:05:11 PM
I was on a mission many years ago as a GTL trainee and was following the GTL in a second van when we went through a slushy rain storm (kind of like really cold rain drops for you southerners).  It was one of those days where most of the pilots were back at base, drinking coffee and not really wanting to fly- it was too cold, you know.  At any rate, the GTL in the lead van radioed in that we were going through large hail- keep in mind slushy rain- no hail in sight.  We were told to RTB and were back in 30 minutes.  There wasn't a plane on the ramp.  They all took off and headed for home.  The IC was not impressed with the GTL's weather forecasting abilities!!
Or wx observation, for that matter.  :D

C/MSgt Lunsford

Wright Brothers #13915

CCAlex

cap235629

seriously, you bumped a year old post to insert an emoticon? seriously?
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Eclipse

(paraphrased - heard it first hand but its been a few...)

Base: This is mission base, all teams standby for bottom of the hour roll call, prepare to report location and status.

MP: Base, this is CAPFLIGHTXXX you are five minutes early.

Base:  CAPFLIGHTXXX, the mission clock reports XX:30, standby for roll call.

MP:  Base, my watch is a Rolex, its correct.

Base:  CAPFLIGHTXXX the mission clock is a broken Casio which you apparently forgot to synchronize your Rolex with.  Report location and status.

Part of the joke here is yo had to know the MP - Dr., retired 1-star, and pilot, which means he literally had no mental room to ever be "wrong".

"That Others May Zoom"