Main Menu

Iowa Wing CAP

Started by Pylon, September 01, 2006, 06:04:47 PM

RogueLeader

I noticed that it did not say FOUO, or classified.  It also does not say what the final outcome will be.  If you do believe that this is right, be proud of what was come up with.  This seems to be following a pattern of what the Iowa Wing is doing.  What Iowa Wing has done, has worked many wonders for the State and the members as well.  Iowa has gotten a better retention rate, more state funds, better training.  You're doing what you think as best.  I figured that if other wings are trying to reorganize, and adapt what Iowa has done, they might think of as much as they can so it is not a huge surprise.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

mikeylikey

^  I have to agree that if it is published on what seems to be a non-secure system in Iowa.....that is Iowas fault!  I guess Iowa does not want non Iowa types to know what is exactly going on out there in Iowa.

What's up monkeys?

ZigZag911

No...I think, rather, that  Iowa Wing wants to conduct its business & discussions internally, and reach some degree of consensus (or at least submit their recommendation to the Wing CC) before sharing their ideas with the rest of CAP.

This is not an unreasonable position or procedure...however, you are correct that Iowa needs to safeguard their documents, or at least indicate that it is a draft not intended for distribution.

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 20, 2007, 04:03:10 AM
^  I have to agree that if it is published on what seems to be a non-secure system in Iowa.....that is Iowas fault!  I guess Iowa does not want non Iowa types to know what is exactly going on out there in Iowa.

There seems to be a major leak of information within the Iowa Wing.  The Document mentioned above was posted to a secure network requiring login and password information.

www.civilairpatrol.grouphub.com

Also knowing that NOTF received a tip on this same information, also taken from the same secured network is all very interesting.

RogueLeader

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on June 23, 2007, 01:11:42 AM

Also knowing that NOTF received a tip on this same information, also taken from the same secured network is all very interesting.

Really?  All the NOTF mentioned was the new testing policy and conjecture of whether it had to do with what happened with TP and RH.  Didn't see anything about a new cadet policy, especially as the policy has yet to be decided.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

CadetProgramGuy

But where did they get THAT information?

RogueLeader

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on June 23, 2007, 03:17:02 AM
But where did they get THAT information?
Like I said BEFORE, I didn't even know about it until after the fact.  SIR.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

isuhawkeye

jimmy settle down.

NOTF got the info from cedar rapids which is where all of those silly stoies have come from.  no one cares.

RL posted some information that was still in discussion phase.  its ok.  We dont have any secrets.

SARMedTech

You should all just settle down.  ;) I do wonder though how long it will be before the uniform tapes say IAWGUS Civil Air Patrol. >:D
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

sardak

Quote from: SARMedTech on June 24, 2007, 08:38:25 AM
You should all just settle down.  ;) I do wonder though how long it will be before the uniform tapes say IAWGUS Civil Air Patrol. >:D

In acccordance with Gus? ;D

Mike

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Ricochet13

Quote from: Nick Critelli, Lt Col CAP on June 19, 2007, 02:44:24 AM
Well, I don't know anything about the Brazilian CAP. b I told you guys about this before. We wrote back in January requesting HQ to consider adding the U.S. to the name. 

"Working on behalf of CAP with state and local government it has come to my attention that there is some degree of confusion regarding our identity.  While many understand our status some do not. Some believe us to be a state organization, i.e. the Iowa Civil Air Patrol yet others believe us to be a  private association. "

State and local government  were constantly misidentifying  us as state entities.  The press was all over the place.  See, for example "...hundreds of laymen's groups, from the General Electric plant at Erie, Pa., to the New York Civil Air Patrol, to soldiers at Ft. Belvoir, Va., ... (www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,824043,00.html) or  "...As the search continues, members of the Nevada Civil Air Patrol and the California Civil Air Patrol are also lending a hand. ...
(www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20050907/REGION/109070023).

We know they meant the New York Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, etc. etc but that's not the way it comes out. I've seen MOU's and state statutes written in the same manner.

I don't know about "branding" or Brazil, etc." but I do know about the issues that were referenced in our request.

NC

Finally have heard a "good" reason for changing the name, and hence uniforms, of our organization.  Makes sense to me. Have already started using the new U.S. Civil Air Patrol tapes.  Thanks Iowa Wing! :)

CadetProgramGuy

CapTALK Members,

I owe RougeLeader an apology.  I firmly believed he was the sole reason for the leak of information from the Iowa Wing.

After our WTA this past weekend, I learned this was indeed not true at all.

I am sorry.

JM aka CPG

RogueLeader

Thank you CadetProgramGuy,  I know how hard you work to improve IAWG and CAP.    I try to do the same, we just have different ideas of how to do it.  I was wondering what happened this month at the WTA
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: RogueLeader on June 26, 2007, 07:10:10 PM
Thank you CadetProgramGuy,  I know how hard you work to improve IAWG and CAP.    I try to do the same, we just have different ideas of how to do it.  I was wondering what happened this month at the WTA

New Class of OTS, Some Cadet Training, CP had an informal long term schedule set so we can plan for the future.

We had a marginal turn out, however we have multiples of cadets off to Encampments at this time.

July will bring members absent to NBB, IACE, ect....

RogueLeader

Is the next ES academy starting in July again?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

CadetProgramGuy

floridacyclist

Is there anyplace that one could find specific information about the syllabus of the weekends? What all do people who are past the OTS stage do (other than obviously teach the newbies)? If someone wanted to either develop this idea for their own wing or gp or at least be able to talk coherently about it, where would they get enough information to not have to reinvent the wheel from scratch? Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Incidentally (or is that coincidentally?), our group is about the size of IA wing.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Nick Critelli

Quote from: floridacyclist on July 02, 2007, 07:22:41 PM
Is there anyplace that one could find specific information about the syllabus of the weekends?

The attached FAQ may answer your questions. If not, post specific questions or feel free to e-mail me at ncritelli@iawg.cap.gov

NC

floridacyclist

Thank you sir, I'd read that before and found it pretty informative. I guess what I'm looking for are ops orders and lesson plans, schedules etc. Not saying that we'd shamelessly steal from you (not that I think you'd mind), but I am also very curious as to how much time you are allotting for the individual subjects and how they all fit together in coherent weekends as I'm finding myself more and more in a training and curriculum-development role.

I guess you could say that at this point, I am very much in fact-finding mode. To be honest, I was looking at Greyhound and airline schedules last night trying to figure out if it would be feasible to visit one of your weekends, and was even figuring how far off our route you'd be on our next Summer's bike ride.

What you're doing intrigues me as we are facing some of the same issues this approach purportedly addresses. I can't say that we'll adopt it or not; I'm not high enough up the food chain (I only recently added the Group CC to my cellphone's contact list :) ). I just know that when I mentioned earlier that our group was about the same size as your wing, I was thinking people-wise. I just measured it on Delorme, and we are right at 300 miles from corner to corner, so we're pretty doggone close size-wise too. I think at the very least it could make for some interesting discussions on Group Staff.

It would be interesting to see how this would apply to a group. I was recently asked by the Group Commander to develop a Group-centered GSAR training program to run for several months, one weekend a month; we are also planning a Group ICS weekend in September and the Group CC also mentioned that he was planning simultaneous aircrew and mission base training to go along with the GSAR program.

It wouldn't take much imagination to see these monthly weekend training sessions being stretched to cover CP, PD and a host of other 2-letter acronyms.  On a different note, our squadron has already implemented pipelining starting with our next open house in Sep, and if it works I would think that other squadrons might follow suit.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org