Senior Members - College experience?

Started by brasda91, May 17, 2007, 06:48:46 PM

For the Senior Members (Officers), what level of college do you have?

High School Graduate, no college
Attended some college classes, no degree
Associates Degree
Bachelors Degree
Masters Degree or higher

SarDragon

Quote from: DeputyDog on April 26, 2008, 04:16:09 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on April 23, 2008, 10:28:31 PM
QuoteI don't know if the response population is representative of the general membership, but it is interesting that a majority are college grads or higher.

Conceivably, the next time someone dredges up another "Should a Degree be a requirement for CAP Officers?" thread,  we can answer "most of us already are.."
CAPWATCH does have info on education levels of senior members, but it isn't always filled out. 

Mine says that I have only completed the 10th grade.

Then that's all you ever told them on your Form 12 when you joined.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DeputyDog

Quote from: SarDragon on April 26, 2008, 04:18:35 AM
QuoteI don't know if the response population is representative of the general membership, but it is interesting that a majority are college grads or higher.

Conceivably, the next time someone dredges up another "Should a Degree be a requirement for CAP Officers?" thread,  we can answer "most of us already are.."
CAPWATCH does have info on education levels of senior members, but it isn't always filled out. 

No, that information was on my cadet application. My Form 12 (when I rejoined as a senior member) indicated that I had completed the 12th grade. They don't update that information.

SarDragon

Call 'em, or send 'em a note - they'll fix it. I just sent in a bunch of documentation to get my date first joined and my encampments updated, and they had it fixed in a day.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Cecil DP

Quote from: SarDragon on April 26, 2008, 04:18:35 AM

It used to be that you had to be a HS graduate to be a senior member. But I just checked 39-2 and the F12 and it looks like that no longer applies.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Dragoon

But you do have to know how to read.  You can 2b someone for being illiterate.  Honest.

Psicorp

Quote from: Dragoon on April 29, 2008, 03:21:14 PM
But you do have to know how to read.  You can 2b someone for being illiterate.  Honest.

Oh that's just peachy, no, don't mentor / coach members who are eager to serve their community and are looking to better themselves.  Talk about missed opportunities.  (sorry, pet peeve of mine)
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

PhoenixRisen

In regards to college degrees - speaking not for myself (still in high school, heh) but for my father, who's a 2d Lt:

B.S. in Electrical Engineering

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)

davidsinn

Quote from: Psicorp on April 29, 2008, 03:28:12 PM
Quote from: Dragoon on April 29, 2008, 03:21:14 PM

Oh that's just peachy, no, don't mentor / coach members who are eager to serve their community and are looking to better themselves.  Talk about missed opportunities.  (sorry, pet peeve of mine)

All of our stuff is reading related. How can we expect someone to learn the material that can't read? We are not here to teach something that should have been learned by the second grade. We have more important things to worry about. Let them take adult ed classes and then come back and join.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

usafcap1

I'm getting my AA in Aviation Maintenance. Then getting a BS in Global Security and Intelligence Studies at ERAU
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

unmlobo

BA in History from University of New Mexico in 2009, focusing on military and western history.
CCAF AAS in Weather Techology - completed requirements just waiting for the May graduation.
Start my Masters of Military History from Norwich University in March.
Major, CAP
HI WG

Garibaldi

99% of a BA in Broadcast Journalism. 125 semester hours down, 1 senior paper to go.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

The CyBorg is destroyed

A.A.S. in Computer Information Systems, 3.735 GPA

90% of A.A. in Social Work/Psychology, 4.0 GPA, Dean's List.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Cliff_Chambliss

My initial response would be

Who's asking and why?

11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Cliff_Chambliss on December 04, 2012, 02:55:33 PM
My initial response would be

Who's asking and why?

Well, this almost a 5 year bump . . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

flyboy53

B.S. Communicatons 1977 Manchester College, Ind.
Defense Information School, Fort Harrison, Ind. 1978
M.S. Communications 1987, Clarion University, PA.
Professional Certificate in Quality Leadership & Management, 1991, (AF PD Program), Regis University, CO
AF NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, AL
AF SOS, Maxwell AFB, AL.
etc....

futura

Woodsy

AA general studies.

a few classes remaining for a BBA in Marketing. 

MSG Mac

AA Education-Montgomery College, MD    1980
Bachelor of Liberal Studies-University of Tampa   2005
Master of Arts-Education/Curriculum and Instruction 2009
Air Command and Staff College-1983
Squadron Officer School-1975
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Private Investigator

Quote from: usafcap1 on December 03, 2012, 10:12:21 AM
I'm getting my AA in Aviation Maintenance. Then getting a BS in Global Security and Intelligence Studies at ERAU

Congratulations. Good reason to resurrect a 4 1/2 year old thread 

Майор Хаткевич

Before the bump, in April of 2008 I was working full time, waiting until September to start at DePaul in Liberal Arts.

Ended up switching to the College of Commerce (now the Richard H. Driehaus College of Business...) to go into Management.

While the classes were an easy A, I figured I'd end up hanging myself after a few months if the real job was anything like the coursework.

Switched to Finance, ended up delaying "on time" graduation by one class.

Graduated August 2012 with a BS in Finance.