Morale Patches...?

Started by dokhtsafid, November 29, 2013, 04:46:47 PM

dokhtsafid

Are morale patches allowed on our BDUs? I can't seem to find a reg on this. 

Thanks  :)

Luis R. Ramos

Look in the tables that 39-1 has. Are there any morale patches? If yes, they are allowed. If not, they are not.

Also read the ICL related to uniforms. Does it list any morale patch? Apply the same reasoning.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Garibaldi

Short answer...no. The only patches allowed on the BDU is what's listed in CAPM 39-1 or an ICL (interim change letter). Patches awarded by a NCSA are authorized, however, but morale patches are not.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

HGjunkie

A better question - What's your favorite place to get morale patches?
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

TexasCadet

Quote from: HGjunkie on November 29, 2013, 06:04:20 PM
A better question - What's your favorite place to get morale patches?

I tend to get more of the "real" patches... such as a Multicam Texas flag. ::)

sarmed1

Morale patches arent allowed on military uniforms for that matter.....
"Allowed" and "not enforced" are not the same thing

Just out of curisioty, what kind of morale patches are we talking here...

mk

Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

Phil Hirons, Jr.

One of my favorites. Sized to fit on the pencil / pen pocket on the flight suit sleeve.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: dokhtsafid on November 29, 2013, 04:46:47 PM

No.

THRAWN

Why? The whole multicolored uniform is a morale patch.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Storm Chaser

Morale patches are unofficial and ONLY official patches (to include authorized unit and activity patches) can be worn with the CAP uniform.

Hawk200

Quote from: dokhtsafid on November 29, 2013, 04:46:47 PM

Simple rule of thumb: If it doesn't say you can, or it specifically says you can't, then it isn't permitted. (Keep in mind, this is a rule of thumb.)

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Storm Chaser on December 03, 2013, 01:10:27 PM
Morale patches are unofficial and ONLY official patches (to include authorized unit and activity patches) can be worn with the CAP uniform.

Officially, anyhow. 8)
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Mustang

Quote from: Phil Hirons, Jr. on November 29, 2013, 08:49:34 PM
One of my favorites. Sized to fit on the pencil / pen pocket on the flight suit sleeve.

That's some clever stuff right there.

;-)
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Walkman

I don't have a photo of mine at hand, but this is my favorite morale patch. I plan on sewing mine to my new 24hr pack at some point soon.

Private Investigator

Quote from: Walkman on December 05, 2013, 04:45:31 PM
I don't have a photo of mine at hand, but this is my favorite morale patch. I plan on sewing mine to my new 24hr pack at some point soon.

I like that! I am going to sew one on my khakis  ;)

Shuman 14

Quote from: Private Investigator on December 05, 2013, 05:31:14 PM
Quote from: Walkman on December 05, 2013, 04:45:31 PM

I like that! I am going to sew one on my khakis  ;)

Replacing the Wing Patch?  :P
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

ol'fido

I ordered three of those from Ace when he first put them out there. I gave one each to the commander and first sergeant at the ILARNG facility where we hold summer encampment. They really liked them. I still have one for myself.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

unmlobo

While morale patches are fun, they shouldn't be used on the CAP gear like 24hr pack and such.  I have a couple but they are stuck to my top of my car or a jacket I wear in civilian clothes.  Wear this on a uniform or military item you will be told to take it off.  I did this once as a young dumb Amn three years ago; never again.  I am just going to leave this link here that talks about items like this, such as KCCO. 

http://www.cadetstuff.org/you-are-only-as-sharp-as-your-creases/#more-747
Major, CAP
HI WG

The CyBorg is destroyed

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

MacGruff

Quote from: unmlobo on December 06, 2013, 12:34:27 AM
While morale patches are fun, they shouldn't be used on the CAP gear like 24hr pack and such.  I have a couple but they are stuck to my top of my car or a jacket I wear in civilian clothes.  Wear this on a uniform or military item you will be told to take it off.  I did this once as a young dumb Amn three years ago; never again.  I am just going to leave this link here that talks about items like this, such as KCCO. 

http://www.cadetstuff.org/you-are-only-as-sharp-as-your-creases/#more-747

I really like this article!