SER National Commander's Unit Citation Does anyone know correct dates?

Started by MarkJ, August 25, 2011, 06:03:53 PM

MarkJ

As I understand it, SE Region Members, who were members at the time of the Deepwater Horizon Response, may now wear the National Commander's Unit Citation Ribbon.  Does anyone know the exact date of the official end to the mission?

davidsinn

Quote from: MarkJ on August 25, 2011, 06:03:53 PM
As I understand it, SE Region Members, who were members at the time of the Deepwater Horizon Response, may now wear the National Commander's Unit Citation Ribbon.  Does anyone know the exact date of the official end to the mission?

Everything I've ever heard said it was FLWG only...
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

HGjunkie

Erm... FLWG got a UC award for everyone to wear, not sure about any other awards.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Hill CAP

Just spoke to former SER Commander Col James Rushing who is a friend of mine.

FLWG was issued a Unit Citation but a National Commanders Unit Citation was never issued for SER
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Hill CAP on August 25, 2011, 07:04:33 PM

FLWG was issued a Unit Citation but a National Commanders Unit Citation was never issued for SER

Wasn't there something else given to those who participated in the mission itself?

[off topic]

QuoteExtended Hiatus Statues

What is that?

[/off topic]

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SarDragon

Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 25, 2011, 08:58:41 PM
Quote from: Hill CAP on August 25, 2011, 07:04:33 PM

Wasn't there something else given to those who participated in the mission itself?

[off topic]

QuoteExtended Hiatus Statues

What is that?

[/off topic]

Are they bronze? Plaster? Marble? Composite? Other?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

chief2

All those who participated where awarded the Civil Air Patrol DISASTER RELIEF RIBBON WITH "V" DEVICE date 2 May 2011 :clap:

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: chief2 on August 25, 2011, 09:47:45 PM
All those who participated where awarded the Civil Air Patrol DISASTER RELIEF RIBBON WITH "V" DEVICE date 2 May 2011 :clap:

<_< I have no idea how I forgot about that. Seems like the standard award for it.

Al Sayre

SER Wings AL, FL, GA, MS & TN were issued the NCUC at the NB, paperwork to follow.  Should be pictures  from the NB in Louisville.  Expect to see the NHQ authorization in the next couple of weeks after everyone gets back and caught up.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

spaatzmom

I know it is over 60 days, but has there been anything further published on this?    Thank you.

JeffDG

I just got an e-mail from our Wing Administrator...1-Apr-2011 through 30-Jun-2011.

It was awarded to the following units:
SE Region HQ
AL WG
FL WG
GA WG
LA WG
MS WG
MO WG
SD WG
TN WG

So, not exclusively SER

RiverAux

Was this all for DWH or are these for other missions as well?  Can't see that MO or SD sent enough people down there to justify giving the entire wing a UC.

JeffDG

I'm not 100% sure, but the item says:
"8.  The Civil Air Patrol NATIONAL COMMANDER'S UNIT CITATION AWARD is awarded to the following units for outstanding achievements, exceptional service, and high degree of performance during 1 April through 30 June 2011, effective 20 August 2011.  AUTHORITY:  CAPR 39-3."

Then the list of units I listed above.

starshippe

dwh was in 2010.
   gawg members who participated were awarded the pres dr with silver v, although dwh was not a pres declared disaster.
   i think the "v" attachments were bronze initially, but were changed to silver as the bronze represented valor under fire.

bill

DBlair

Quote from: JeffDG on November 06, 2011, 01:13:16 PM
I just got an e-mail from our Wing Administrator...1-Apr-2011 through 30-Jun-2011.

SE Region HQ
AL WG
FL WG
GA WG
LA WG
MS WG
MO WG
SD WG
TN WG

So, not exclusively SER

For clarification, was this NCUC awarded to all members within those Wings, or those members who participated in DWH missions? Has there been any additional information about this?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

JeffDG

Quote from: DBlair on November 12, 2011, 12:55:24 PM

SE Region HQ
AL WG
FL WG
GA WG
LA WG
MS WG
MO WG
SD WG
TN WG

So, not exclusively SER

For clarification, was this NCUC awarded to all members within those Wings, or those members who participated in DWH missions? Has there been any additional information about this?
It's a "Unit" citation, so is awarded to the unit.  In terms of ribbons, all members who were members during the designated timeframe are entitled to wear.

starshippe

again, if this was for dwh, the dates should have been in 2010. but, dwh lasted later than june.

bill

DBlair

Quote from: JeffDG on November 12, 2011, 02:57:15 PM
Quote from: DBlair on November 12, 2011, 12:55:24 PM

SE Region HQ
AL WG
FL WG
GA WG
LA WG
MS WG
MO WG
SD WG
TN WG

So, not exclusively SER

It's a "Unit" citation, so is awarded to the unit.  In terms of ribbons, all members who were members during the designated timeframe are entitled to wear.

I figured I would ask as I'm in FLWG and haven't heard anything about this as of yet.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Thom

Quote from: starshippe on November 12, 2011, 07:02:51 PM
   again, if this was for dwh, the dates should have been in 2010. but, dwh lasted later than june.

bill

For this year, I'm not sure what the SER folks were doing, but from April to June I know that LA Wing, MO Wing, SD Wing, etc. were dealing with the Mississippi River Flooding missions.

We worked our behinds off on that mission, and it was a very rewarding moment to receive the NCUC for our hard work.

Thom