Class A Blues jacket

Started by titanII, March 28, 2011, 11:47:27 PM

titanII

This has probably been asked and answered before, but where can I get the jacket, tie, pins, etc. for my Class A Blues uniform (I'm a cadet). Whether on-line or a store, I live in MA.
Thanks
No longer active on CAP talk

cap235629

They don't sell the service dress coat
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

lordmonar

Click over the Air Force Section. :)

Edit....my bad you are right.

Call AAFES and order it over the phone. 1-800-527-2345
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

majdomke

Vanguard is going to be your best bet for some of what you need. If you live close to an AF base you should be able to find one at the clothing sales store although it will be expensive. If your squadron supply is unable to help you might also try ebay. Just be mindful of the exact details of what you're buying. The AF has changed over the service coat to a newer style and many are trying to sell the old ones. Cadets can still wear the old ones but you'll look odd next to the majority of cadets who have the newer, darker, versions of the blue coat. If you seriously need help, you should be asking your chain of command to see if they have any ideas or suggestions. I've bought most of my stuff on eBay and at the local AF base. Good luck.

majdomke

Just checked out ebay, there are tons for sale. Ranging from as little as $30 all the way up to $200. Be sure to look for AF shade 1620 and that the jacket has three pockets on the front and not the old ones with four pockets.... assuming you're a male.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=air+force+dress+jacket&_sacat=0&_odkw=air+force+service+dress&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

MIKE

For the jacket and tie you can take a trip to Hanscom AFB. and go to AAFES.  Military Clothing Sales is in the back of the store... If you can find it, there is also a thrift shop on base where you might find a used jacket on the cheap.  Check online for the hours before making the trip.
Mike Johnston

SarDragon

BTW, the term "Class A" is not a current term. The proper name is Service Dress Blue.  Anyone who uses "Class A" needs to come into the 21st century. It hasn't been an official name since 1968, or before.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RVT

Quote from: ltdomke on March 29, 2011, 12:04:22 AMJust checked out ebay, there are tons for sale. Ranging from as little as $30 all the way up to $200. Be sure to look for AF shade 1620 and that the jacket has three pockets on the front and not the old ones with four pockets.... assuming you're a male.

Cadets can still wear the old coat, but don't pay a lot if you plan on continuing on as a senior, you won't be able to wear that.

"Class A" is actually an army term.   When I was on active duty in the USAF this was called Combination 1, but that term is apparently also obsolete.  It would seem there is no longer any abbreviation that is in vogue, you have to spell out the whole thing.

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: SarDragon on March 29, 2011, 05:45:19 AM
BTW, the term "Class A" is not a current term. The proper name is Service Dress Blue.  Anyone who uses "Class A" needs to come into the 21st century. It hasn't been an official name since 1968, or before.
No matter what anyone says, you can moan about it all day long but the fact remains, you know what he is talking about.

ES Ninja

Check out your local army surplus stores. They often carry a variety of uniforms. I have two or three local ones, even though I don't live near an Air Force base, and they have supplied service jackets, ties, officer covers, and other various uniform and ES supplies for my squadron. Plus, if you tell them you are Civil Air Patrol and will share their name with your squadron, sometimes the store owners are willing to offer a ten percent discount on all supplies your squadron buys.
Sierra Larson, C/Lt Col, CAP
NCWG CAC Vice Chair
South Charlotte Cadet Squadron

Cool Mace

Quote"Class A" is actually an army term.   When I was on active duty in the USAF this was called Combination 1, but that term is apparently also obsolete.  It would seem there is no longer any abbreviation that is in vogue, you have to spell out the whole thing.

As soon as I saw this thread, I was looking for this post! Is that bad?  >:D
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

jeders

Quote from: Cool Mace on March 29, 2011, 04:25:05 PM
Quote"Class A" is actually an army term.   When I was on active duty in the USAF this was called Combination 1, but that term is apparently also obsolete.  It would seem there is no longer any abbreviation that is in vogue, you have to spell out the whole thing.

As soon as I saw this thread, I was looking for this post! Is that bad?  >:D

No, it just means you've been around CAPTalk long enough to see the patterns.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Grumpy

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on March 29, 2011, 12:40:01 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on March 29, 2011, 05:45:19 AM
No matter what anyone says, you can moan about it all day long but the fact remains, you know what he is talking about.

Of course, but you gotta sweat the small stuff, dontchknow

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

EMT-83

Or, as George Carlin said, "Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff".

BradM

Quote from: lordmonar on March 28, 2011, 11:58:19 PM
Click over the Air Force Section. :)

Edit....my bad you are right.

Call AAFES and order it over the phone. 1-800-527-2345

You have to have an active duty military ID to buy from AAFES, correct?
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

Eclipse

Quote from: BradM on March 29, 2011, 08:15:13 PM
You have to have an active duty military ID to buy from AAFES, correct?

No.

CAP members are authorized to purchase uniform items via phone.

See here:  http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=654.0

Also: http://hq.group22.net/files/AAFES_cat_scan_Mar_2008_sm.pdf

"That Others May Zoom"

BradM

Thank you! Thats good to know! :)
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

Larry Mangum

Cadet, you can go to Hanscom AFB and purchase non CAP specific uniform items at Military Clothing Sales.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001