Honor Guard Colors Element

Started by manfredvonrichthofen, December 27, 2010, 10:52:19 PM

manfredvonrichthofen

I understand that there is an understanding that the Colors Element is completely outside the realm of an Honor Guard in CAP. Is this correct?

As I read L5AZO8G000-001 And L5AZK8G000-002, the USAF HONOR GUARD BASIC PROTOCOL, HONORS, AND CEREMONIES MANUAL, it treats the Colors Element as a part of the Honor Guard, and not a different entity. I know we are supposed to abide by this manual for the basics of Honor Guard and Colors Element.

Is the uniform for the Colors Element The same as it is for the Honor Guard or is it different? So far as I have seen some units treat them the same, while others treat the Colors Element as a different beast than the Honor Guard. How is it supposed to be.

We want our Colors Element to be as a part of the Honor Guard and in the same uniform. As we upgrade our uniforms for our Colors Element we are trying to get everyone into a Service Cap with scarves and shoulder cords.

lordmonar

No.

Color Guards as defined by 39-1 and the drill manual are seperate animal then the colors element of the Honor Guard program as defined by CAPP 52-8.

If you want a "Colors Element" as defined by CAPP 52-8 then you need to also have the full wing approved, wing level Honor Guard.

If you want to have a local squadron color guard....then you follow the directions of 39-1.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

manfredvonrichthofen