Main Menu

Show Yourself!

Started by BigMojo, October 24, 2007, 01:32:21 AM

manfredvonrichthofen

More current... by a long shot.

PHall

That jacket is too small, it's not supposed to look like Spandex...

manfredvonrichthofen

That was an issue with my cell phone in my inside pocket.

James Shaw

Brunson Martial Arts promotion ceremony around Feb of this year.

L/R Sammy Brickhouse, Killian Shaw (my  son) T.J. Brickhouse.

Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

BradM

Quote from: PHall on November 30, 2010, 02:52:28 AM
That jacket is too small, it's not supposed to look like Spandex...

Too me it looks more like the fit of WWII uniforms which I like better. Loose and baggy, is well, loose and baggy.  :o  :)
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: BradM on November 30, 2010, 07:18:55 PM
Too me it looks more like the fit of WWII uniforms which I like better. Loose and baggy, is well, loose and baggy.  :o  :)
To me, there was no better looking uniform piece than the Ike jacket. I would wear the life out of one of those. But no, the jacket does fit correctly, if you look at the button line, there is no pulling of the fabric or anything. The problem was my cell phone, that and a four across rack.

Plus the jacket is supposed to show the "hourglass" figure.

BradM

Here's me in a WWII reenacting uniform I put together this year. The uniform is based off an Eagle Squadron fighter pilot (Eagle Squadron 133) who then joined the 8th Air Force, 4th Fighter Group, 336th fighter squadron with Captain Don Gentile, Captain John Godfrey, and Colonel Donald Blakeslee. I also used Major James Goodson's uniform to base mine off of.

Captain Don Gentile: http://www.veterantributes.org/TributeDetail.asp?ID=369

Major James Goodson: http://www.veterantributes.org/TributeDetail.asp?ID=550

Captain John Godfrey: http://www.veterantributes.org/TributeDetail.asp?ID=393

Colonel Donald Blakeslee: http://www.veterantributes.org/TributeDetail.asp?ID=288

Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

BradM

And here's me in 2009 at the Renaissance Faire in Irwindale, Calif. as a pirate fighting Captain Jack Sparrow. When I joined CAP in August of this year I still had a goatee which I reduced to a mustache so I could wear the Air Force uniforms. I miss it! If I could wear the Air Force uniforms and have the goatee I would grow it back immediately! :)
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

manfredvonrichthofen

Brad, that is a good looking uniform. I love the uniforms worn in the era. They looked so much better than the ones these days do.

So far as the pirate thing goes, nice feather. >:D

BradM

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on November 30, 2010, 08:20:38 PM
Brad, that is a good looking uniform. I love the uniforms worn in the era. They looked so much better than the ones these days do.

So far as the pirate thing goes, nice feather. >:D

I agree! I love the USAAF WW2 uniforms! The first issue USAF uniforms like Robert Mitchum wore in the movie The Hunters, they should have kept them and not changed them at all. I like this shade of blue. :)

Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

manfredvonrichthofen

Not to mention the shape and appearance of the four pocket looks very professional and military. The current USAF uniform looks too much like a business suit to me. Probably because it is a business suit.

Eclipse

Holiday Party - me in the back.

The gent in green is fresh from his 3rd deployment and is also a CAP 2d Lt., however he was there in his official
capacity presenting the Bronze Star and POW medals to the gent in the middle - only about 66 years late.

I'm expecting PWK-GT to post more detail here and in press releases shortly.

"That Others May Zoom"

rmutchler

This one was taken by my wife shortly after I passed my Private Checkride.

HGjunkie

Ah, what the hay.

Me during WAA 2010:

Pre-performance service coat blousing, i'm the guy slightly to the left of the center getting my jacket pulled down with the stupid grin on my face:

Again, i'm the guy on the left:

Laying the AF wreath, i'm the guy on the right:

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

James Shaw

[smg id=354]

My very first CAP award in 2002. Commanders Commendation from Lt Col Micahel Lorenz. He was the group 4 Commander in GAWG when I first joined. He was a great guy and a very devoted member.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

ProdigalJim

OK guys and gals...19 years and about 52 pounds ago. Fun times, though; the guy with me was Vought test pilot Jim Read. Vought had just been spun out of LTV, after the corporate parent got more interested in materials and steel. And that was my old cadet flight suit, with all the CAP stuff stripped off it. It was during the teeth of what was then the USAF's Joint Primary Aircraft Training System (JPATS) competition, and all the vying rivals were showing off their airplanes...that is, the companies that had airplanes to show. (A few were "paper airplanes" that never really made it.) So in addition to this Pampa, I got to take a ride in a T-45 and the Pilatus PC-9. The MB339 never really happened, nor did the German RFsomethingorother whose name escapes me right now. This was taken in Grand Prairie, TX...

Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/XP
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

manfredvonrichthofen

For those of you who use Firefox, here is a nice menu add on, has no ware of any sort, and I think looks kinda cool.
http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/gallery/All/search?p=civil+air+patrol&search.x=17&search.y=1

Flying Pig

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on November 30, 2010, 12:30:44 AM
Quote from: DakRadz on November 30, 2010, 12:21:58 AM
Whoo hoo!

And by the way- that picture setup is flippin' AWESOME!

Did your dad retire or is he a prior service vet? And what about your brother?

All three at the same time, I was AD, Father was ANG, he got out for about 18yrs then went back when my brother went in after I did. Dad had to give up a stripe to go back in so he was an E-5 in ARNG. In USAF about 22 yrs ago he was an E-7, transferred to ANG had to give up a stripe and became an E-6. Then went back in after 18yrs of being out and had to lose another stripe and be an E-5.
Father and brother in the same unit, in Mosul together in 05 to 06, during the same time I was in Ramadi. We had actually gotten into trouble because it was found out that all three of us were in country at the same time and there are no other Killion males in age range to have kids. The problem with that was that we were on missions at the same time more than once and a couple of times were in a firefight at the same time... The really bad part of that... My dad and brother were in the same HWWMV together, dad running comms, doug (brother) gunning.

Check this out if you wish http://www.fumento.com/military/killions.html

Thats pretty awesome.....dad and son in a firefight together!  And they arent even gang members!  I just play baseball with my kid  :'(

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Flying Pig on December 29, 2010, 03:10:24 AM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on November 30, 2010, 12:30:44 AM
Quote from: DakRadz on November 30, 2010, 12:21:58 AM
Whoo hoo!

And by the way- that picture setup is flippin' AWESOME!

Did your dad retire or is he a prior service vet? And what about your brother?

All three at the same time, I was AD, Father was ANG, he got out for about 18yrs then went back when my brother went in after I did. Dad had to give up a stripe to go back in so he was an E-5 in ARNG. In USAF about 22 yrs ago he was an E-7, transferred to ANG had to give up a stripe and became an E-6. Then went back in after 18yrs of being out and had to lose another stripe and be an E-5.
Father and brother in the same unit, in Mosul together in 05 to 06, during the same time I was in Ramadi. We had actually gotten into trouble because it was found out that all three of us were in country at the same time and there are no other Killion males in age range to have kids. The problem with that was that we were on missions at the same time more than once and a couple of times were in a firefight at the same time... The really bad part of that... My dad and brother were in the same HWWMV together, dad running comms, doug (brother) gunning.

Check this out if you wish http://www.fumento.com/military/killions.html

Thats pretty awesome.....dad and son in a firefight together!  And they arent even gang members!  I just play baseball with my kid  :'(

Thank you, we are pretty proud of breaking those rules.  >:D 8)

Stonewall

A little training before heading abroad...

[img alt=]http://captalk.net/MGalleryItem.php?id=356[/img]
Serving since 1987.