Total Members Voted: 27

sarflyer

Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

_

Sounds like there'll be more time in the field

Groovy.  Thank goodness no one on post was injured.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

maverik

That's weird I live by attebury and I didn't here anything about a tornado.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

RiverAux

I heard about it on either NPR or ABC national news.

SJFedor

Quote from: colorguard_rifle on June 04, 2008, 06:38:45 PM

Well then, investing in a weather alert radio might be a very good idea for you.  ;D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

mikeylikey

Quote from: SJFedor on June 09, 2008, 03:04:52 AM

Well then, investing in a weather alert radio might be a very good idea for you.  ;D

Wow living in the midwest, one should absolutely invest in some sort of weather alerting device.  When I lived in Missouri, Illinois and Indiana (Tornado Alley) you could always find weather radios in grocery stores, 7-11's, gas stations, EVERYWHERE!
What's up monkeys?

maverik

Yeah there all over the place.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

SJFedor

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 09, 2008, 04:10:10 AM
Quote from: SJFedor on June 09, 2008, 03:04:52 AM

Wow living in the midwest, one should absolutely invest in some sort of weather alerting device.  When I lived in Missouri, Illinois and Indiana (Tornado Alley) you could always find weather radios in grocery stores, 7-11's, gas stations, EVERYWHERE!

I sleep with mine. And if for some reason it doesn't trip/doesn't work, the sirens (3 within 3/4 of a mile of my house) seem to always wake me up.

I hate tornadoes.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations

maverik

Yeah I hear that, I always have mine on if it's gonna storm and it's set to a 30 mile radius so I know if somethings coming.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

_

Received through the Yahoo NESA group:
QuoteWe lost our Logistics Officer and Transportation Officer from OK this year due to employment responsibilities.  We are looking for a Logistics Officer and Transportation Officer to serve on staff currently.
A CAP driver's licenses is required.  If you are interested, or know anyone who might be interested, please contact me.

We still have a few slots for kitchen helpers open for each week.  Persons filling these slots will work in the kitchen one week and may attend the other week of school without cost.  Let me know if you are interested.

> We still have some limited openings in the basic and advanced ground SAR schools and the Incident Command School for NESA due to some cancellations.  Our other schools are full.  Registration is open at:  https://ntc.cap.af.mil/ops/nesa/
> If you have trouble with online registration, forms and information can be found at:  http://ngsar.homestead.com/home.html
>
> We have found through people contacting us that didn't get acceptance packets that probably one of the boxes containing the packets didn't seem to make it through the mail.  We don't know who all was in the one box, so we are planning on mailing packet again to everyone since we have no way of telling who were the ones that got theres and who didn't.  Any of the forms or information that was in the packets are available for download at the above
>
> We still have some limited opportunities for seniors or cadets who may wish to volunteer a week in helping out in the kitchen to attend the other week of school without cost.  Contact me if you are interested.
>
> If we have any senior members that would like to volunteer as staff in supervising our kitchen area with just some basic skills, that would be helpful also.  We don't have any Air Force cook teams this year due to deployments and cut backs.  Part of being an emergency and search and rescue response organization is to be able to be self sufficient when responding.  We are hoping to not only meet our needs at NESA, but to have some people who gain experience to have the capability to call upon during emergencies if needed to be capable in logistics in food service so we know our organization can establish a self sufficient base of operations.  In times of disaster, that means taking care of our shelter, transportation, communications, and food service if need be.
>
> If you registered, you can check your application status online at:  https://ntc.cap.af.mil/ops/nesa/NESAApplicantStatus.cfm
> If you registered and haven't been able to get on line to check your status or have any questions, feel free to contact me.
>
> Major Gary Brockman
> Director, National Emergency Services Academy
> 3714 N. Breen Drive
> Indianapolis, Indiana 46235
> (317) 289-6087

Johnny Yuma

I see 7 days of MRE's in NESA's future.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

_

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on July 10, 2008, 01:36:10 AM
I see 7 days of MRE's in NESA's future.

I've done that before and it wasn't fun.  I don't know about doing it for 2 weeks at NESA.  I really don't think we'll have to resort to that, if nothing else they'll probably have to assign people to KP duty.

When all else fails, improvise, adapt, and overcome.

maverik

that would be interesting though a SAR school with nothing but MRE's. Wonder how many cadets would stay.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: colorguard_rifle on July 10, 2008, 02:51:26 PM
that would be interesting though a SAR school with nothing but MRE's. Wonder how many cadets would stay.

Most of them.

CAP cadets = Weird Kids. The kind of kid that actually LIKES MRE's.

"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Tubacap

It would cut back on the lavoratory usage costs.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on July 10, 2008, 04:09:19 PM
Quote from: colorguard_rifle on July 10, 2008, 02:51:26 PM

Most of them.

CAP cadets = Weird Kids. The kind of kid that actually LIKES MRE's.

This is true.  I've seen one eat the MRE out of his gear when it wasn't even a SAREX or a Mission.  He just likes the taste of them. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

SJFedor

I ate an MRE the other night just cuz I was hungry, and it was there. Mmmmm

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver

I will admit some of them can be down right tasty.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

_

two words... pound cake