2 (7.4%)
Advanced ICS
2 (7.4%)
Team Leader
3 (11.1%)
Mission AirCrew
11 (40.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

So for all of us in MAS what week are people going?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

SJFedor

Quote from: CASH172 on April 07, 2008, 08:48:26 PM
I'm signed up for MAS.  Probably will be the only cadet there. 

Rock on! The more cadets, the better. It's always so cool to see the age range from the 18 y/o cadet to the 70 y/o Korea veteran.
Quote from: flyguy06 on April 07, 2008, 08:33:10 PM
I'm really looking forward to the MAS course this summer. This will be my first National level ES anything. I hope I can still make it by then, but that will depend on my job situation. How often do you get to fly during the MAS MP course?

Not to spoil too much of the fun....

As an MP candidate, you will do your first flight in the back seat (scanner refresher), then the 2nd flight you'll move to the front with your MPI in the front (the MPIs want to make sure you won't kill them once they get in the back seat) with your MO in the rear. Flight 1 is your area fam, they'll introduce you to your grids, the airpots and landmarks in them, along with hazards. Second one is more of the 1st, but with you at the controls. 3-5 are the different search patterns (parallel, expanding square, creeping line, route, ELT). You'll plan them ahead of time, as your MPI has 2 crews, so while he's flying with one, the other is in class or planning, and then they switch.

So, short answer, 5 flights, 4 of which are with you at the controls. Depending on how far your grid is from the field depends how much time you end up with. I ended up with 11.7, and I brought an aircraft to and from.
Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on April 07, 2008, 08:53:20 PM
So for all of us in MAS what week are people going?

I'll be there both weeks.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Hey anyone interested in trading unit patches at NESA?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

sarflyer

Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

Nomex Maximus

So...  are adult participants free to leave the base in the evenings?
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

CASH172

So if I end up being the only cadet in my school, what do I do at night?

Quote from: CASH172 on May 03, 2008, 09:15:15 PM

What school are you in?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

CASH172

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on May 03, 2008, 11:17:05 PM

What school are you in?

MAS-Observer

Has anyone recieved their accpetence package yet?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

SJFedor

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on May 03, 2008, 08:59:52 PM
So...  are adult participants free to leave the base in the evenings?

Affirm, especially if you have your own transportation. Some of the MAS students actually elected to say in a hotel instead of the barracks. The staff usually goes out and eats every night for "staff meetings".  Plus, there's the all ranks club, which is a great place to be after 13 hours of death by powerpoint.

The MAS cadet we had last year spent most of his time hanging w/ the cadet staff that wasn't in the field. You can also study, chill with us old farts, txt your girlfriend, and sleep.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations

BlueLakes1

Quote from: SJFedor on May 09, 2008, 08:54:53 PM
The MAS cadet we had last year spent most of his time hanging w/ the cadet staff that wasn't in the field. You can also study, chill with us old farts, txt your girlfriend, and sleep.

You, an old fart? Come on...
Col Matthew Creed, CAP
GLR/CC

SJFedor

Quote from: Redfire3 on May 09, 2008, 10:06:05 PM
Quote from: SJFedor on May 09, 2008, 08:54:53 PM

You, an old fart? Come on...

Haha. Well, when you average the age of the group.... but I do certainly bring that average down.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver

Short Field

It is all relative....  When I was a Lt, the USAF was filled with really old Majors.  Now even the Colonels look like kids.  And I am just reaching my prime.   ;D
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

If there's no PT done at NESA why is PT Gear included on the check list?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

notaNCO forever

Quote from: Orion Pax on May 19, 2008, 08:39:02 PM

For giggles and grins. I would assume they probably have some activity that they don't want you to do in your uniform.

husker

No PT gear is req'd.  We are working on getting the check list updated.  The PT gear was a holdover from years ago.

-Long
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

Quote from: husker on May 20, 2008, 12:45:01 AM

No PT gear is req'd.  We are working on getting the check list updated.  The PT gear was a holdover from years ago.

-Long

Ok thanks.  That makes part of the packing even easier.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

maverik

I was wondering if soem one could pm/email me the medical release and atebury release for Nesa because my PC can't view it. Also Do I need to send the above items to be accepted and when will I know I've been accepted I sent in my online registration may 13.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

sarflyer

So colorguard,

What is the problem with getting the forms?  They are both word documents.  If you have MS Word loaded on your machine you should be able to see them.

Yes you have to fax them in.  The 800 fax line is on the participant information page. 

To check on your status go to the application status page.  If you don't have word let me know and I'll send them to you in another format.

NESA Web Content Manager
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

For anyone that's on staff at NESA were our facilities impacted by the Tornado last night?  I've got a friend that said Camp Atterbury was hit hard.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO