Main Menu

Ribbons

Started by CAWGcadet, August 09, 2023, 09:09:27 PM

CAWGcadet

I lost 1 of my 3 ribbons a day before encampment. Could I have worn 2 ribbons on my blues using a 3 ribbon rack?

Fubar

It probably comes down to taste, but in my estimation, wearing no ribbons looks more professional than wearing the wrong number of ribbons on a ribbon rack. Based on the wording of your post, I read it to say you elected to go ribbonless. I'd say you made the right choice.

CAWGcadet

Thank you. I went ribbonless, but I just wanted to know for future events.

FlyingPig

Excellent decision to leave them off. It would have looked sloppy, but you would have also spent the entire day with people pointing out that you lost a ribbon.  After the 50th "Hey, Cadet...."  You would have taken them off anyway and then been stuck with holes in your shirt.
Robert Steht, Capt.
Mission Pilot/CD Pilot
CFI Airplane / CFI Helicopter
Former Sq. Commander

TheSkyHornet

Some Encampments require cadets to wear their ribbons in order to teach them proper arrangement/wear on the uniform. So that's something you want to verify once a packing list comes out.

PHall

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on August 29, 2023, 02:56:55 PMSome Encampments require cadets to wear their ribbons in order to teach them proper arrangement/wear on the uniform. So that's something you want to verify once a packing list comes out.

The only time the students wear their ribbons is for the graduation parade. Gotta be wearing their best for mom and dad!