New CAP Driver's License application process in eServices

Started by vento, April 24, 2012, 05:25:30 PM

ßτε

Quote from: Eclipse on April 24, 2012, 08:27:24 PM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 24, 2012, 08:15:52 PM
So the CAPDL is a four year thing? I didn't think anything in CAP lasted over three years without renewal.

Everything I can find says that your CAP ID is concurrent with your state driver's license, and that's the way its always worked in my wing.
No idea if that is any different in a state like Arizona where a license is good until your 65th birthday.
The CAPDL is valid for no more than 5 years. It needs to be renewed every 5 years or when the state DL is renewed, whichever is sooner.

Eclipse

Quote from: ß τ ε on April 24, 2012, 08:42:02 PM
So the CAPDL is a four year thing? I didn't think anything in CAP lasted over three years without renewal.

Everything I can find says that your CAP ID is concurrent with your state driver's license, and that's the way its always worked in my wing.
No idea if that is any different in a state like Arizona where a license is good until your 65th birthday.
The CAPDL is valid for no more than 5 years. It needs to be renewed every 5 years or when the state DL is renewed, whichever is sooner.

Is that in 77-1?

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Quote from: Eclipse on April 24, 2012, 09:21:54 PM

Is that in 77-1?

Yes. Paragraph 1-5 h if you can't find it.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Well that sucks. My DL is good for six years. Have to renew the CAP DL and then do it again after a year when my DL expires.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

SARDOC

Quote from: davidsinn on April 25, 2012, 01:23:29 AM

Well that sucks. My DL is good for six years. Have to renew the CAP DL and then do it again after a year when my DL expires.

I was thinking the same thing...My OL is good for 7 years...just enough to make it inconvenient.

Lord of the North

The five year expiration of CAP DL is nothing new.  The oldest CAPR 77-1 I have is the 1 SEPTEMBER 2003 issue and the requirement is there and it is not an update.  Strange that all of the people who know so much about other areas of CAP don't seem to know a long standing requirement.

Eclipse

If your state has a less than 5 year DL renewal, it never comes up.

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Quote from: Lord of the North on April 25, 2012, 04:14:04 AM
The five year expiration of CAP DL is nothing new.  The oldest CAPR 77-1 I have is the 1 SEPTEMBER 2003 issue and the requirement is there and it is not an update.  Strange that all of the people who know so much about other areas of CAP don't seem to know a long standing requirement.

I've only had to renew the CAP DL once so far and the six year cycle for my state DL is a fluke as they convert to a new method of renewals.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Private Investigator

Quote from: Eclipse on April 24, 2012, 05:56:29 PM
There's plenty of people on the road who can legally drive that we don't want anywhere near a COV.

+1

When I was a Squadron Commander I turned people down for their CAP drivers license. Interesting thing I never got a grivance or a call from higher headquarters about it either.   ::)

a2capt

Quote from: davidsinn on April 25, 2012, 01:23:29 AMWell that sucks. My DL is good for six years. Have to renew the CAP DL and then do it again after a year when my DL expires.
Well, then the next time, they'll match. After that, it'll be the next four cycles for them to match again. By then you can get the 50 year membership. ;)

Eclipse

I received an approval email today for a CAPDL renewal request, so that's a good sign on the implementation of the new module.

That's the first time I've ever received an email out of Operations Qualifications.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on April 26, 2012, 08:35:33 PM
I received an approval email today for a CAPDL renewal request, so that's a good sign on the implementation of the new module.

That's the first time I've ever received an email out of Operations Qualifications.

*hides the keys* ;D

arajca

How is it annotated on yuor 101 card? I'm still waiting for my wing level approval.

Eclipse

Haven't seen my personal one go through yet, wing has to pull the abstract for me.

This was for someone else's.  I've got some temp rights in LG or a project I'm helping with.

"That Others May Zoom"

vento

Hmm, I haven't received anything yet, not even the confirmation about receiving my application.

I've followed the instructions, but just to make sure, we are not supposed to type anything into "Member driving record verified compliant with CAPR...", correct?

Eclipse

When I sent my personal one up, I didn't receive anything, either.

Correct - that is for the approver to check once they have reviewed your record.

"That Others May Zoom"

vento

mikebank

You can go back and look at the module, and it will show you who has approved it and sent it on up...
1st Lt Michael Bankson
Safety Officer
NCR-MO-089
Former EM1, U.S. Navy

greatdane1945

Answers from NHQ concerning new DL procedure:

Your announcement brings a few questions to mind...

CAPR 77-1 limits the time period that a CAP DL can be issued for to 5 years. Is the new program limiting everyone to 5 years max or will the CAP DL expire at the same time the state DL expires? The CAP DL will now expire at the same time the state DL expires. If so, when will CAPR 77-1 be up-graded to permit 5+ year CAP DL's?

"There will be an admin change to the CAPR 77-1 to reflect this change soon."

Our wing supplement states that one must be 21+ to obtain a CAP DL (from our wing). I would guess the 'approver' can deny approval to those within our wing who are under 21.

"That's correct".

Will the current CAPF 75 be phased out or just completely dropped?

"Eventually the CAPF 75 will be phased out and all will be required to carry the CAPF101. When a member's grandfathered CAP driver's license expires and/or state driver's license expires, they must use the online system to obtain a new CAP driver's license."

Will wings have the option of continuing to issue 75's?

"No, when a member's grandfathered CAP driver's license expires and/or state driver's license expires, they must use the online system to obtain a new CAP driver's license. "

Will authorized personnel be able to access a 'listing' of DL's issued, expiration dates, etc.

"Yes"

Hope this clears up some of questions raised by others.