Cadet of the Month/Quarter

Started by RiChArD7032, March 14, 2018, 12:26:15 PM

RiChArD7032

We are bringing this back into our Squadron. What's your thoughts about it from your experience and some lessons you've learned?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Turtle1

Hi, we use the template that is provided in the Learn to Lead document. We do not at this time do the Cadet of the Quarter. Overall I like the Cadet of the Month, it is a great tool for recognizing those cadets who exceed the minimum requirements. We reward the cadet with a framed certificate, a grey baseball hat that has HC on it for Honor Cadet and they have their picture on the board. I also find this a useful tool in selecting the Phase cadets each year.

https://www.capmembers.com/static/media/cms/CADET_OF_THE_MONTH_PROGRAM_DB7614BDD6704.pdf
Marybeth Williams
Major, CAP

RiChArD7032

Quote from: Turtle1 on March 14, 2018, 12:57:57 PM
Hi, we use the template that is provided in the Learn to Lead document. We do not at this time do the Cadet of the Quarter. Overall I like the Cadet of the Month, it is a great tool for recognizing those cadets who exceed the minimum requirements. We reward the cadet with a framed certificate, a grey baseball hat that has HC on it for Honor Cadet and they have their picture on the board. I also find this a useful tool in selecting the Phase cadets each year.

https://www.capmembers.com/static/media/cms/CADET_OF_THE_MONTH_PROGRAM_DB7614BDD6704.pdf
You have a Cadet you recognize in each phase? Is that a quarterly thing? I'll look at the learn to lead book for what you mentioned. Thanks

Turtle1

No Sir I meant in reference to the end of the year when it is necessary to select a Phase 1 COY, Phase 2 COY, etc.
Marybeth Williams
Major, CAP

RiChArD7032

Quote from: Turtle1 on March 14, 2018, 01:17:13 PM
No Sir I meant in reference to the end of the year when it is necessary to select a Phase 1 COY, Phase 2 COY, etc.
Gotcha. Thanks for the info

jeders

We use the same worksheet from NHQ that Turtle linked to and whoever has the most points at the end of the quarter (we track monthly but award only quarterly) gets a certificate. Then at the end of the year, whoever has the most overall points gets cadet of the year.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse