Main Menu

Past blast?

Started by SunDog, July 26, 2018, 02:26:43 AM

SunDog

I have a link to Survey Monkey, for my opinion on "AEM Curriculum", in my Gmail account;  it is perhaps indicative of CAP as an organization that I receive this more than six years after dropping my membership; still, it could be mundane Internet scamming, and not of CAP's doing.  Though I suspect the state of CAP information technology and data quality is no better than it was six years ago. . . .but, in case it is legit, did anyone else get this?  It might be fun to complete it; or, maybe not. . .

An old friend who is still semi-active tells me things aren't going so well for CAP- am sorry to hear that.

Eclipse

Quote from: SunDog on July 26, 2018, 02:26:43 AM
I have a link to Survey Monkey, for my opinion on "AEM Curriculum", in my Gmail account;  it is perhaps indicative of CAP as an organization that I receive this more than six years after dropping my membership; still, it could be mundane Internet scamming, and not of CAP's doing.  Though I suspect the state of CAP information technology and data quality is no better than it was six years ago. . . .but, in case it is legit, did anyone else get this?  It might be fun to complete it; or, maybe not. . .

It's not a scam, the survey was sent to a very old list by accident.  It's being addressed and a current list of AE's will
receive the proper survey soon.  This one has been turned off.

Quote from: SunDog on July 26, 2018, 02:26:43 AM
An old friend who is still semi-active tells me things aren't going so well for CAP- am sorry to hear that.

Not sure what he is referring to. Not much has really changed in the last few years other, at least negatively.
FWIW, there seems to be more funding available for missions and cadet activities since the transition to 1AF,
beyond that pretty much status quo.

"That Others May Zoom"

SunDog

Good it's nothing nefarious then. . .I don't recall having any association with AE, but no worries. My friend and I are/were MPs, so his point of view is pilot centric; he left me with the impression of an increase in low value administrivia, and "ethical challenges" - which is, as you say, pretty much the way it was then, as well.