Composite Squadrons that have a Divided Senior & Cadet Program

Started by Guardrail, February 02, 2007, 11:02:12 PM

Major Lord

"I was held back from the Curry achievement for 8 months due to discrimination."

Pardon me while I silence all the alarms on my B.S. meter.....I think there is  smoke coming out of it... You of course filed a complaint through the appropriate CAP channels?

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Guardrail

Quote from: CaptLord on February 04, 2007, 12:28:21 AM
"I was held back from the Curry achievement for 8 months due to discrimination."

Pardon me while I silence all the alarms on my B.S. meter.....I think there is  smoke coming out of it... You of course filed a complaint through the appropriate CAP channels?

No, I did not sir.  I just simply packed my bags and transferred to the next nearest unit.  Looking back, I wish I had filed a complaint (though it's tough to say if it would have gone through or not).

And how would the discrimination against me be classified as B.S.?

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Guardrail on February 04, 2007, 12:36:24 AM

No, I did not sir.  I just simply packed my bags and transferred to the next nearest unit.  Looking back, I wish I had filed a complaint (though it's tough to say if it would have gone through or not).

Don't jump on Capt. Lord's case... unfortunately way too many cadets these days will put up some kind of an excuse on why they didn't promote and not file a complaint. Naturally, some will take the above as Bravo Sierra whinery unless there's a good explanation - and to me, you explained yourself why in your post above.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

ZigZag911

Doesn't it seem unlikely that a cadet who has not yet qualified for the Curry would have the least idea how to go about filing a complaint?

The cadet's parents would, perhaps, if they got that involved.

Guardrail

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on February 04, 2007, 01:12:25 AM
Quote from: Guardrail on February 04, 2007, 12:36:24 AM

Don't jump on Capt. Lord's case... unfortunately way too many cadets these days will put up some kind of an excuse on why they didn't promote and not file a complaint. Naturally, some will take the above as Bravo Sierra whinery unless there's a good explanation - and to me, you explained yourself why in your post above.

Not to be disrespectful sir, but where in my post does it look like I am jumping on Capt Lord's case?  All I did was answer his question, and ask one of my own. 

Guardrail

Quote from: ZigZag911 on February 04, 2007, 05:06:16 AM
Doesn't it seem unlikely that a cadet who has not yet qualified for the Curry would have the least idea how to go about filing a complaint?

You'd be surprised.  I didn't file a complaint, since I was only 12 at the time (and didn't know much about CAP, let alone how to file a complaint) and although I had a parent who did get involved, she was alienated by the squadron to the point where filing a complaint would have done no good. 

ZigZag911

Quote from: Guardrail on February 05, 2007, 04:10:26 AM

You'd be surprised.  I didn't file a complaint, since I was only 12 at the time (and didn't know much about CAP, let alone how to file a complaint) and although I had a parent who did get involved, she was alienated by the squadron to the point where filing a complaint would have done no good. 

Agreed, I was trying to say it was a bit much to expect you to know the IG process @ 12!

Guardrail

Quote from: ZigZag911 on February 05, 2007, 04:12:07 AM
Quote from: Guardrail on February 05, 2007, 04:10:26 AM

Agreed, I was trying to say it was a bit much to expect you to know the IG process @ 12!

Oh, okay.  Sorry about that.  Minor detail.