2A Or Not 2A...That Is The Question

Started by ProdigalJim, June 16, 2012, 05:28:13 PM

ProdigalJim

Here's the scenario, and I'm scratching my head. A large-scale, Wing-wide mission, with dozens of participants. A PA gets filed by the wing listing everyone who qualifies for a Disaster Relief ribbon with "V" device.

Is the purpose of the PA simply to acknowledge and record everyone who participated, or is it a shortcut to preparing dozens of individual CAP Form 2As? Does the PA serve as a kind of "mass" 2A, or do those involved now use the PA, uploaded in eServices, as supporting evidence for their own individually-filed 2As?
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Private Investigator

Actually the PA is much better documentation.

Now you do not have to do dozens of 2As, which will get lost, misplaced, etc, etc.

arajca

The PA replaces the CAPF 2a for this purpose.

My habit is to print out 2 for each unit member, highlight their name on each, put one in their file, and hand them the other, with the ribbon/device or clasp during our next public humiliation awards ceremony.

Eclipse

The PA is the approval and substantiation.   Each member should get a copy.

"That Others May Zoom"

ProdigalJim

OK, thanks, everyone. 39-3 didn't really address it.
VAWG/CV

RogueLeader

An awards Personnel Authorization is so much more preferable to create than many 2A's.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MSG Mac

Quote from: ProdigalJim on June 16, 2012, 05:57:47 PM

It's in the Admin Series CAPR 10-1
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SarDragon

In cases where the big PA doesn't list the names, like a Unit Commendation from NHQ, I have gone so far as to generate a supplemental local PA, with all the correct names for the period, so folks can't come back later and claim that they should be wearing it, too. A copy of the original goes with the supplement.

The folks doing the UCI/SAV right after one of these awards liked the idea.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ProdigalJim

Quote from: MSG Mac on June 16, 2012, 08:00:39 PM
Quote from: ProdigalJim on June 16, 2012, 05:57:47 PM

It's in the Admin Series CAPR 10-1

Duh! Didn't think to look there. I'm thinking I might sign up for the Admin PD track just so I can get smarter on figuring out how stuff gets done...
VAWG/CV