Hawk Mountain & Timber Rattlers?

Started by Daniel, July 29, 2009, 11:35:44 PM

Grumpy

Quote from: Rodriguez on August 19, 2009, 10:57:31 PM
Ive been Ranger Staff for 3 years and in 2 Years of going to Hawk I have yet to see a snake outside the area of pulpit rock or pinnacle at the top of the mountain. Even then they are confined to the rocks and cracks of the mountain. The general rule still applies if you don't mess with them they wont mess with you. Now I live in South Florida so snakes aren't a real biggie to me but I can understand peoples fears concerning them
No, but you got them crockagators and aladiles runnin around in the swamps.  ;D

Rodriguez

:) Yes, indeed we do. In my years in the Florida Ranger program I have seen quite a few. Up close and personal many times. Although It astounds me that the local government is so restrictive on hunting of these gators, which are becoming overpopulated.
-C/Capt. Rodriguez, Ranger Staff, 11B Infantryman 53rd Brigade Combat Team FLARNG

flyerthom

Quote from: sarmed1 on August 03, 2009, 09:23:52 PM
That is not a hard and fast rule either, I have seen numerous coperheads in the Hawk Mountian area (1 this year unfact) and never been attacked....and we are talking within a less than 5 foot distance...

mk

Almost of the Snakebites I dealt with were when I was working in Lehighton or Pocono and involved large amounts of adult beverages and a rattle snake round up in Carbon County PA. 
TC