Main Menu

MAWG Encampment

Started by Taber4, June 15, 2008, 11:31:51 PM

sarflyer

I agree with Jordan.  Hold over from whoever set up the position.  Should be renamed to the correct title.

I just reviewed to things, CA Wing encampment manual and the National Encampment Manual. 

CA calls this position Sgt Major.  Again another hold over from an Army type.  Should be corrected to list the right title. 

National Encampment does not list this position.  They call them Squadron or Group First Sergeants.  Same job description, with a few other duties which appear appropriate.

Nothing in the regulations or manuals about these positions being authorized.  The National Encampment manual is dated 2002 and I'm not sure but it never was approved as a resource.  Too bad it is a good one.
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

afgeo4

Quote from: sarflyer on June 17, 2008, 03:25:41 PM
I agree with Jordan.  Hold over from whoever set up the position.  Should be renamed to the correct title.

I just reviewed to things, CA Wing encampment manual and the National Encampment Manual. 

CA calls this position Sgt Major.  Again another hold over from an Army type.  Should be corrected to list the right title. 

National Encampment does not list this position.  They call them Squadron or Group First Sergeants.  Same job description, with a few other duties which appear appropriate.

Nothing in the regulations or manuals about these positions being authorized.  The National Encampment manual is dated 2002 and I'm not sure but it never was approved as a resource.  Too bad it is a good one.

That's because Squadrons and Groups have First Sergeants. Wings and above have Command Chiefs.

A Wing Encampment would suggest a CCMSgt, but if the encampment is ran as a separate group, as it is in MA Wing, it would be a group 1st Sgt (as it is in NY Wing).
GEORGE LURYE