Need a Summer encampment starting after July 6

Started by desert rat, February 22, 2007, 04:51:48 AM

desert rat

Would prefer that it be as close to Nevada or Arizona as possible.   We are willing to travel if we have to.   

I would volunteer as a Medical Officer and also a ground team member/leader if needed.  M son is a cadet and will be a C/SSGT by then.  This will be his first encampment.

Help us out.  I went to the cap.gov and looked at the encampments and have not seen what Nevada, Arizona, or Southern Cal. is doing yet.

DNall

I don't know if it's listed yet, but Texas is mid June, get you the dates if you want them, or better yet go to texascadet.org & it should have it. GSARSS happens over teh top of encampment as well, believe 3 levels.

swya

it also has to be between june 8 and 17 or july 7 and august 10
c/a1c James Collins- age 13
nellis cadet squadron- nvo69
my myspace is www.myspace.com/swya

DNall

14-23Jun for Tx, and it's a couple hundred cadets. Sure you'll find some dates you're looking for closer to home though.

dwb

If you really want to travel, New York Wing Encampment is 21-28 July.

Sure it's a long distance, but we put on a good show.

mmouw

We are having the Joint Dakota Leadership Encampment from 7 -15 July in Rapid City SD. Here is the link to the webpage.
http://cadets.ndcap.org/JDCLE/index.html
Mike Mouw
Commander, Iowa Wing

Fifinella

Quote from: swya on February 22, 2007, 05:50:27 AM
it also has to be between june 8 and 17 or july 7 and august 10
LAWG encampment is 7-17 JUN for staff, 9-17 JUN for first years.  Held at Barksdale AFB, Shreveport, LA.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Pylon

To expand on Capt Brodsky's post:

New York Wing Encampment
21-28 July  - "In-Flights"
19-29 July  - All Staff

More Information on NYWG Encampment 2007 at:
http://burns-computing.com/enc2007/index.shtml
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

dwb

Are you going to apply for staff this year, Mike?  Or are you again going to use your vacation time to (holds nose with thumb and forefinger) actually go on vacation?

By the way, the "official" URL for the encampment is http://encampment.nywgcadets.org

Pylon

Quote from: justin_bailey on February 22, 2007, 09:33:31 PM
Are you going to apply for staff this year, Mike?  Or are you again going to use your vacation time to (holds nose with thumb and forefinger) actually go on vacation?

By the way, the "official" URL for the encampment is http://encampment.nywgcadets.org

I'm planning on Region Staff College this year.  I probably won't take vacation for RSC, but instead administrative leave (aka: play, but no pay  :'( ).  I'd consider helping with encampment on the weekend(s), depending on if they really needed something and it had nothing to do with Relief TAC'ing.   ;)

PA Guy

The 2007 California Wing Encampment will be held at
Camp San Luis Obispo 11-18 Aug.  Camp San Luis Obispo is located on CA Hwy. 1 midway between San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay.

desert rat

Nice, do they have a web site for it?   That would be very close to home.  Could they use a medical officer, or a ground team member in their staff?

flyerthom

Website info:

http://sq131.cawg.cap.gov/Schedule%20and%20activities,%20SB%20squadron.htm

California-Nevada Wing Encampment

This August.  California-Nevada Wing Encampment - Camp San Luis Obispo.  Includes O-Flights in CAP or military aircraft, obstacle course, drill and volleyball competitions and possible M-16 rifle range.  Cost is $180.  For more information, go to

http://cawgcadets.org.
TC

LtCol White

LA WG encampment info for any of those interested or needing to attend one in lieu of your own wing.  We have folks from the Houston area coming up.  All are welcome.

Barksdale AFB really supports us. For example, the cadets are allowed to fly the B-52 simulators. The majority of personnel on base aren't even allowed to enter the building.

http://www.lawg.cap.gov/cdt/encampment.html
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Camas

Here is some information on the ORWG Eagle Talon 3 encampment in late July.  You would be most welcome.

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Larry Mangum

Washington Wings is in August right after national boards.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

tribalelder

Illinois Wing, July21-28.  About 90 minutes west of Chicago in Marseilles, IL
WE ARE HERE ON CAPTALK BECAUSE WE ALL CARE ABOUT THE PROGRAM. We may not always agree and we should not always agree.  One of our strengths as an organization is that we didn't all go to the same school, so we all know how to do something different and differently. 
Since we all care about CAP, its members and our missions, sometimes our discussions will be animated, but they should always civil -- after all, it's in our name.

shorning

Psicorp

Quote from: shorning on May 04, 2007, 05:00:16 PM
Hawaii Wing Encampment is now 14-21 July.

Does Hawaii Wing hold Winter Encampments??  Do they need TACs?   ;D
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Pylon

Quote from: Psicorp on May 04, 2007, 09:40:56 PM

I don't know about winter encampments, but I am going as a TAC to their encampment in July.   8)   

Ned

Yes, as a matter of fact, they are actively looking for TACs and other seniors to support the activity.  Contact Maj Alan Fields (USAF), the HIWG DCP.

JC004

Quote from: Ned on May 07, 2007, 05:03:17 AM

Yes, as a matter of fact, they are actively looking for TACs and other seniors to support the activity.  Contact Maj Alan Fields (USAF), the HIWG DCP.

Now that might be something I'll have to do some time...   >:D

shorning

Quote from: Ned on May 07, 2007, 05:03:17 AM

For the summer encampment.  Maj Alan Fields (USAF) = Maj Alan Fields (CAP).  He's using his work email account.  Last I heard, they still are looking for help.

I haven't heard any mention of a winter encampment.  I haven't heard anyone planning that far in the future.  We haven't had one since I've been in Hawaii.

JC004

Quote from: shorning on May 07, 2007, 06:38:14 AM
I haven't heard any mention of a winter encampment.  I haven't heard anyone planning that far in the future.

We usually plan our encampments and such the week before the activity.   >:D

shorning

Quote from: JC004 on May 07, 2007, 06:39:59 AM
I haven't heard any mention of a winter encampment.  I haven't heard anyone planning that far in the future.

Well then this one would be a breeze for you...

JC004

Quote from: shorning on May 07, 2007, 06:41:40 AM
Quote from: JC004 on May 07, 2007, 06:39:59 AM

Well then this one would be a breeze for you...

I'm usually ahead of them, though.  I pack 2 weeks prior.  I buy/pack just about everything on the basic cadet contraband list, and wait for the various plans/changes/surprises to be announced.