Main Menu

Did you make it?

Started by Extremepredjudice, March 06, 2012, 06:43:06 PM

Extremepredjudice

Did you get accepted to your NCSA? Primary or Alternate?

I got into NHGA as primary. My first and only choice  :D
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

AFCadet2011

Yes! I am a primary for Blue Beret, which is my first choice, because I absolutely love airshows!

onetimeoneplace

Primary for SUPT-FC in Missouri, alternate for COS and NBB.

Hoping to get a slot for Beret. Slots have opened up for it for the past two years (got it the first year, missed it the second). Also hoping to get the COS slot, too.

SUPT-FC sounds really fun. I'm looking forward to it.
C/Capt Isaac McDermott, CAP
PAWG Basic Encampment 2009, Staff 2011 (PAO), Staff 2013 (Inspections)
Pennsylvania Wing
Tri-Wing Encampment Staff 2013 (Public Affairs OIC)
GTM3, UDF, MRO, FLM
NJWG RCLS 2010
Mitchell #60963
National Blue Beret 2010 + 2012, SUPTFC-MS 2012
Earhart #15947
Cadet Officer School 2013

cadetesman

Got in 0/7  :'(

Just going to do what I did last summer, classes at the local community college on the school district's dime  :D

But anyways congrats, I'm sure you'll do great at HGA, I know you wanted it bad!

And congrats to everyone who got in!

HGjunkie

0/9

Every year. I never get a primary slot.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Rogovin

REDACTED

BTCS1*

I'm a primary for Space Command at Peterson AFB, but because I'm going to summer session at Penn State I can't go. Hoping to get an alternate spot at Civil Engineering Academy because it looks pretty awesome and actually works with my schedule.
C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

MSG Mac

Quote from: BTCS1* on March 07, 2012, 02:28:52 AM
I'm a primary for Space Command at Peterson AFB, but because I'm going to summer session at Penn State I can't go. Hoping to get an alternate spot at Civil Engineering Academy because it looks pretty awesome and actually works with my schedule.
Have you notified National so they can free up the space? If not do it ASAP so that another Cadet can be slotted in your place.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Perez

--Primary
-PJOC
--Alternate
-NBB
-Engineering Familiarization Course

I'm so stoked to go to PJOC! If nothing else, this is the one NCSA that I would like to attend in CAP.
Train hard, train smart, and love life.

Silent Panther

Primary
- MKS Business Academy
Alternate
- COS
- Space Command Fam, Patrick AFB
- Civil Engineering Fam
- AMMA
- Model Aircraft & Remote Flight Academy
- NBB

The two that I had really hoped to go to were COS & the Civil Engineering Fam. Hopefully a slot opens up. Anybody else that got accepted to MKS, let me know.
Also known as
"OX", "Angel", "GrillBoy", & "Wheels"
There's a story and at least one NCSA behind every one.

GTRanger

Bugs and bunnies camp. aka, Hawk Mountain.

"These things we do, that others may live." -USAF Pararescue and Ranger Motto

GTCommando

Primary
-- COS

Alternate
-- PJOC
-- Powered Flight Academy
-- HGA
-- Civil Engineering Fam.
-- ATA

Now that I know my schedule in July is open, I'm probably going to apply to NESA as well.

Quote from: GTRanger on March 07, 2012, 04:50:22 PM

Never heard that one before! You going to Alpha, Mike, Romeo, etc? Or just a basic squadron? I went through Alpha last year.
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

GTRanger

Quote from: GTCommando on March 07, 2012, 05:24:56 PM
Primary
-- COS

Alternate
-- PJOC
-- HGA
-- ATA

Now that I know my schedule in July is open, I'm probably going to apply to NESA as well.

Never heard that one before! You going to Alpha, Mike, Romeo, etc? Or just a basic squadron? I went through Alpha last year.
Trying to get into Tango hopefully, but, we'll see where I end up. You going again this year?

"These things we do, that others may live." -USAF Pararescue and Ranger Motto

BTCS1*

Quote from: MSG Mac on March 07, 2012, 03:49:11 AM
Quote from: BTCS1* on March 07, 2012, 02:28:52 AM
Have you notified National so they can free up the space? If not do it ASAP so that another Cadet can be slotted in your place.

Just did that this afternoon!
C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

GTCommando

Quote from: GTRanger on March 07, 2012, 07:21:33 PM
Quote from: GTCommando on March 07, 2012, 05:24:56 PM
Primary
-- COS

Alternate
-- PJOC
-- HGA
-- ATA

Trying to get into Tango hopefully, but, we'll see where I end up. You going again this year?

I was going to, but when I submitted my application on 1 December (I couldn't wait any longer), I didn't see HMRS on the list, so I was going to check back later and add it to my application. But by the time I thought about it, the January 15 deadline had already passed. I'm going to try for Romeo next year, though. If I get accepted to the Air Force Academy, 2013 will be my last free summer, so I'm going to try to make it count.
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

HGjunkie

I spoke too soon.

HGA Red Hat year, here I come!

Interesting note: We have to bring BDU's this year. I'm interested as to the reason since I don't think any previous years have required them (Certainly not the last 2 years I've gone).
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Майор Хаткевич

I only went in 2005, but in a few years prior to that I've seen pictures on the old military bases where they were in BDUs instead of the HGA shorts/shirts.

Extremepredjudice

I was wondering the same thing, FAQs said don't bring BDUs and packing list said to.

I shot an email to the activity director, and she says it is the first time BDUs are required

Hopefully, we will be able to meet each other, Junkie.  >:D
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on March 09, 2012, 02:19:07 AM
I was wondering the same thing, FAQs said don't bring BDUs and packing list said to.

I shot an email to the activity director, and she says it is the first time BDUs are required

And depending on hat color, you may see a lot of him.

DakRadz

Primary:
Cadet Officer School

Alternative:
Work
Life
Selling my worldly possessions to pay for aforementioned COS
;D

CamoMan

Just got a e-mail from HMRS that said I have some more paper work to fill out & send in to get accepted.

shlebz

Primary:
NBB
Alternate:
NFA-OshKosh
SUPTFC
Civil Engineering Academ (red horse)
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

HGjunkie

Quote from: usafaux2004 on March 09, 2012, 02:28:53 AM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on March 09, 2012, 02:19:07 AM

And depending on hat color, you may see a lot of him.

He'll get to know me real well...  >:D
(I'm not being serious, maybe I'll get to know you there!)

Haha but seriously, I'm stoked for my final year. Time to get a performance rifle and learn my spins...
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Daniel

Primary:
COS

Alternative:
Sleep
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

RC007

Primary- NBB
Alternate- Hawk Mountain and SUPTFC-MS Staff.

Just goin to NBB this year.

CivilAirPatrol123

manfredvonrichthofen

Good luck everyone! Have fun and train hard. Most importantly, use common sense, if you think it just might be a bad idea.... It is probably a bad idea, so don't do it.

ThatOneGuy

I got accepted to the Air Force Civil Engineering Academy Familiarization course. It was my 2nd choice. I was accepted as alternate to: Air Force Pararescue Orientation (PJOC), NBB, COS, National Flight Academy - North Central Powered, and National Flight Academy - Great Lakes 1 Glider. I also will/have applied for the advanced GSAR course at NESA this summer, since I figure my chances of getting into NBB are pretty slim.

Christensen

Primary:
IACE-- New Zealand! :D

Alternate:
Cadet Officer School
National Blue Beret
Advance Technologies Academy

I am EXTREMELY excited to go to New Zealand. It is going to be the adventure of a lifetime.
C/Capt Kelsi Christensen, CAP
Cache Valley Composite Squadron
RMR-UT-049

WESSginger

Primary:
PJOC
Sadly I will not be about to attend. My dad is deploying and I'm going to college so not the best year to go.
David Carriker, C/Capt, CAP
NESA staff #577/NBB Delta flight 2010/COS 2011 Flight 5

HGjunkie

This struck me as odd:

Is it normal for events to disappear off of the Activity Status tab in eServices? I applied for 9 events, got an email for 9, but eServices is only showing I applied for 6.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

CamoMan

Checked my activity status on E-services I'm going to HMRS!

onetimeoneplace

Quote from: HGjunkie on March 14, 2012, 09:19:32 PM
This struck me as odd:

Is it normal for events to disappear off of the Activity Status tab in eServices? I applied for 9 events, got an email for 9, but eServices is only showing I applied for 6.

Did any of those 3 missing activities conflict with one of the six that showed up? I applied for SUPTFC-MS and Powered Flight North (both on the same week), but only SUPTFC showed up.
C/Capt Isaac McDermott, CAP
PAWG Basic Encampment 2009, Staff 2011 (PAO), Staff 2013 (Inspections)
Pennsylvania Wing
Tri-Wing Encampment Staff 2013 (Public Affairs OIC)
GTM3, UDF, MRO, FLM
NJWG RCLS 2010
Mitchell #60963
National Blue Beret 2010 + 2012, SUPTFC-MS 2012
Earhart #15947
Cadet Officer School 2013

dokhtsafid

CamoMan

Sgt. Papa

All Alternate :(
-PJOC
-Hawk Mountain
-NBB

ck4

Primary for NESA and HMRS  and ALT for NBB but just got my email that I got a primary slot don't know what two I am going to yet.
C/A1C D. Case Knight
SER-MS-099 Eagle Composite Squadron
MS/AL Joint Encampment, Alpha Flight 2011
MS Wing CAC 2011-2012
NBB 2012

Struts

Quote from: ck4 on May 11, 2012, 11:31:40 PM
Primary for NESA and HMRS  and ALT for NBB but just got my email that I got a primary slot don't know what two I am going to yet.

Definitely go for NBB. I'm so jealous of you.   :)

Primary: North East Wing gilder academy.
Alternate: Advanced Technologies Academy

ck4

Haha oh yes NBB but I meant between nesa and hawk  8)
C/A1C D. Case Knight
SER-MS-099 Eagle Composite Squadron
MS/AL Joint Encampment, Alpha Flight 2011
MS Wing CAC 2011-2012
NBB 2012