VeriSign issues - attempting to renew memebership

Started by jacob, September 15, 2008, 11:50:18 PM

jacob

My membership is due for renewal at the end of the month.  I've been trying to use eServices to renew for a few days, but keep hitting an HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error) after the final confirmation step.

The Online Membership Renewal page does state that "Verisign has been experiencing technical problems today. If your renewal does not go through, please try again at another time.", but its been a bit longer than "today".  Does anyone have any information on when this might be fixed, or what people who need to renew soon should do in the meantime?

MIKE

What browser are you using?  I had no issues when I did mine a few weeks ago in Internet Exploiter 7.

Otherwise you could call 'em up and do it over the phone.
Mike Johnston

jacob

Firefox 3.0.1

Has anyone been able to re-up on eServices more recently?

SJFedor

You can just call them and do it over the phone just as easily.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Eclipse

I know a few who have done it recently, but there has been some down time.

Try I.E., and if that doesn't work, just call them.

"That Others May Zoom"

jacob

Thanks all - it worked fine in IE!

JoeTomasone

What's the renewal period now, anyway?  I.E. how long before your expiration can you renew?

jacob

I've had the big red renewal box at the top of eServices since at least ~30 days out.  The period may be longer, but I wasn't paying attention before that.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: jacob on September 16, 2008, 01:01:00 AM
I've had the big red renewal box at the top of eServices since at least ~30 days out.  The period may be longer, but I wasn't paying attention before that.

The 'nag bar' shows up on eServices at T-60 days. It counts down until you either renew or let your membership lapse.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

JoeTomasone

I wanted to renew early (currently 2/2009) but it won't let me.

Guess I can call Member Services?

SJFedor

Negative, I think you have to be within your 60 day window to do your renewal.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Cecil DP

Quote from: JoeTomasone on September 16, 2008, 12:54:12 AM
What's the renewal period now, anyway?  I.E. how long before your expiration can you renew?
Nationa generates the renewal letter 90 days from expiration, so you will receive it about 75 days out. As stated you can renew over the internet, phone, or by mail.
REMINDER expiration means just that. If your membership expires in September and is not done  by the last day of the month, You are not a member and cannot participate in any activities until the renewal is completed and shown on the National database.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85