CAP not at Air Shows anymore?

Started by Stonewall, October 27, 2008, 01:27:49 AM

Stonewall

Still haven't seen CAP at air shows in the Jacksonville area since I was a cadet in the late 80s early 90s.  Was just at NASJAX last week.  No CAP.  There were AFJROTC and Sea Cadets though.
Serving since 1987.

ammotrucker

Quote from: Stonewall on October 30, 2010, 04:17:34 PM
Still haven't seen CAP at air shows in the Jacksonville area since I was a cadet in the late 80s early 90s.  Was just at NASJAX last week.  No CAP.  There were AFJROTC and Sea Cadets though.

I understand that.  Seeing as you must be a member that is in that area, why not ask the local squadron WHY they are not participating the the airshow
RG Little, Capt

Stonewall

I am a member of Mississippi Wing.  I was not welcomed in these parts.  Not even in the same squadron I grew up in 20+ years earlier.  I guess I was just different.  You know, involving cadets in things like ES, Air Shows and more than drill and some honor society.
Serving since 1987.

Hill CAP

Quote from: Stonewall on October 30, 2010, 07:43:43 PM
I am a member of Mississippi Wing.  I was not welcomed in these parts.  Not even in the same squadron I grew up in 20+ years earlier.  I guess I was just different.  You know, involving cadets in things like ES, Air Shows and more than drill and some honor society.

St Augustine Could and still Could use you. I know the SQ CC is a Civilian Navy Employee at NAS JAX and was trying to get St Augustine in on the Airshow this year guess that didn't work out.
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

manfredvonrichthofen

Here in INWG our squadron is participating heavily in an EAA airshow with the B-17 Aluminum Overcast along with a Field of Honor. We participate in every air show and fly in around here and we do really well with the amount of interest in CAP from our booths.

Stonewall

Quote from: FLCAP 268 on October 31, 2010, 03:37:45 AMSt Augustine Could and still Could use you.

I'm going to be gone on a "vacation" for a while.  When I get back I'll probably cross over to patron member or whatever that status is.  In 8 years when my son can be in CAP, maybe I'll get active again.  Anything is possible.
Serving since 1987.

Thrashed

With airports and airshows disappearing all over the country, I'm not surprised.  They is no airshow anywhere near me. I think the nearest show is about 5-6 hours drive away, so we are not the local squadron.  We had a local airport day, but it rained and no one was there. Even on a nice day, the airport seems closed. There are no military airfields around either. I would hope that the places that do have good airshows have a CAP presence.

Save the triangle thingy

peter rabbit

Alabama has had a presence at at least three airshows in the past 18 months -two in Tuscaloosa with the Blues, one at Maxwell in Montgomery with the Thunderbirds. To my knowledge, a number of new members joined as a direct result, and existing members really enjoyed participating.

Eclipse

This year:

Chicago Executive Open House - ICS Consultant and full partner to the airport management, recruiting, water sales, gate work and parking assistance.

Waukegan Airshow - partner to the airport management, command of the other paramilitary personnel helping (about 100 or so USNCC, AJROTC, NJROTC and others), flight line marshaling and crowd safety and observation.

Scott AFB Airshow - large precense, though I don't know full details as I wasn't there.

Plenty of other activity this year between Scott and Great Lakes.

"That Others May Zoom"

FastAttack

Quote from: ammotrucker on October 30, 2010, 04:02:30 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on October 27, 2008, 01:27:49 AM
I've been to two air shows since moving to Florida and I didn't see CAP at either of them.  As a cadet, we had displays at every air show here...at the same exact base I was at today.  Heck, I didn't even see Sea Cadets and it was a Navy base.

I can think of five airshow that CAP has a active participation in within FL.

Sun-n Fun Lakeland, FL
Air-Fest Tampa, FL
International airshow, Punta Gorda, FL
LSA airshow Sebring, FL
and one over in the Cooca Beach area, i don't remember what it is called.

Ask around, there may be more, but of these all are annual and always a CAP presence

I think we got some aircraft for the Homestead Air Show as well.

maybe the group in Jax is the one that needs to be "fired up" to get them to show to airshows.

jeders

Here at Dyess we always have a recruiting booth and often times have our aircraft as a static display, and often times near the B-1. We also fly JOAP samples to Navy Ft. Worth for the demonstration aircraft. Though we didn't do that this year, they changed their maintenance routine so we wouldn't have to.  :(
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse