How to Perform Check Ride Trend Analysis?

Started by Storm Chaser, May 30, 2013, 06:57:34 PM

Storm Chaser

One of the requirements for the Operations Specialty Track Technician Rating in CAPP 211 is to "[p]erform a check ride trend analysis and make the pilots, operations staff, and command staff aware of important trends." I believe that WMIRS used to provide a feature for that, but I can't find it.

Does anyone know where I can get that information? Or how I can perform a check ride trend analysis?

Eclipse

Unless your're unit is doing them locally, I'm not sure how you'd get that info locally, except for literally asking the
pilots after their 5's and 91's.

My wing has the check pilots and rides approved at the wing level, so while a lot of the check airmen are assigned to units,
their activities never filter down to that level.

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

So if the information is not available, how can someone at the squadron level complete their Technician Rating in Operations?

Eclipse

By indicating to the CC that the info isn't available and moving forward.  Wouldn't be the first time.  Remember these are the subjective approval
of the respective CC.

You could also request the annual wing-level one from the DO and boil it down to just your unit, or simply discuss the results.

A lot of units wouldn't even have enough pilots to have "trends".

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on May 30, 2013, 07:19:39 PM
By indicating to the CC that the info isn't available and moving forward.  Wouldn't be the first time.  Remember these are the subjective approval
of the respective CC.

You could also request the annual wing-level one from the DO and boil it down to just your unit, or simply discuss the results.

A lot of units wouldn't even have enough pilots to have "trends".
Yeah, how long was the course/exam required (but not available) for the ES Specialty Track before someone finally did a global waiver?