Main Menu

Favorite Cadet Quotes

Started by Stonewall, March 16, 2013, 01:24:43 AM

Stonewall

Okay, this one may be tough, but can you remember a quote from a cadet that really stuck with you?

Two quickly come to mind:

First:  I think we were at Middle East Region SAR College, late nineties or early two-thousands, when C/1st Lt Megan M. was explaining the use of the old Radio Shack (Realistic) Jetstream radios to conduct close-in ELT search.  So often, people argue that they either don't work, or the more expensive equipment is the only option (BTW, these used to cost $9).

Megan:  "Some people say 'oh, that's just a little jetstream radio', but when I come out of the wood line and save your ass, you won't know the difference; and neither will the victim."

Second:  It was at one of the annual Winter Exercises (WINTEX) when we were sitting around a fire warming and drying our feet/boots, C/Capt Stephen L. and others.

Other cadet:  "Captain L, I think I smell your boot burning."

Stephen:  "That's cool, just let me know when you smell sock."
Serving since 1987.

Майор Хаткевич

He was a former cadet, but the facility we were at for Encampment had a sign that read "Profanity is not Quality Leadership".

One look at it, and the first thing he says is "What the %&^* is this *$Y#!?".

It was obviously a joke, but it was something that makes me giggle inside to this day.

BGNightfall

Quote from: usafaux2004 on March 16, 2013, 01:57:36 AM
He was a former cadet, but the facility we were at for Encampment had a sign that read "Profanity is not Quality Leadership".

One look at it, and the first thing he says is "What the %&^* is this *$Y#!?".

It was obviously a joke, but it was something that makes me giggle inside to this day.

My RDC stood under that sign and  proceeded to rip into us for half an hour with the most vile string of comments denouncing our parentage and our love lives.  She did not repeat herself once... nor did she at any point resort to profanity.

Майор Хаткевич

RDCs would be great at standup.

Danger

"Good evening Sergeant Sir"  :o :clap:
"Never take anything too seriously."

LCG8928

The things new cadets say can be really funny sometimes. At my squadron about a year ago:
"How are you doing tonight Cadet [name]?"
"Uhh fabulous sergeant!"

Black Knight

We were counting off by twos, and the former first sergeant (he's in 10th grade) was first.
C/Maj. Vega: COUNT OFF BY TWOS WHEN I POINT TO YOU.
1st Sergeant Lemeiux: 2! (Completely serious)
C/Maj. Vega: YOURE A ONE YOU DUMBA#$!!!
1st Sergeant Lemeiux: You said to count by twos! I did! Its Rome logic.
C/CMSgt Millson
First Sergeant
Rome City School District Cadet Squadron
NER-NY-801

NIN

at a bivouac, while we were still in the old green fatigues:

Squadron CC: (to cadet from other sq) "Cadet Smith [not his real name], why is your zipper always down?"
Cadet Smith: (totally serious) "I don't know, sir. Maybe I have an unusually large groin."
Squadron CC: (trying hard not to bust out laughing) "Carry on, then!"

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

AngelWings

This was said to me one time at a banquet at the wing conference. I think I almost choked laughing. Composure and military bearing= lost.

"Hey, hey sergeant!"

"What?"

"It's so [darn] hot in here I got swamp as*!"

It was so unexpected and random it actually caught me off guard. So I asked him to repeat. This cadet leans over to me and repeats it, but loud enough for our entire table to hear...

Partly embarrassing, partly the best thing that has ever happened at a conference I've gone to.

unmlobo

During encampment when the TAC was an AD Combat Rescue Officer wearing his soffe shorts.  A cadet asked him about them being so short, to which his reply was "The shorter the shorts, the tougher the man!"  This became the flights motto; imagine 12y/o's screaming this as a greeting when passing officers and SM.
Major, CAP
HI WG

Garibaldi

Quote from: AngelWings on May 31, 2013, 01:30:15 AM
This was said to me one time at a banquet at the wing conference. I think I almost choked laughing. Composure and military bearing= lost.

"Hey, hey sergeant!"

"What?"

It was so unexpected and random it actually caught me off guard. So I asked him to repeat. This cadet leans over to me and repeats it, but loud enough for our entire table to hear...

Partly embarrassing, partly the best thing that has ever happened at a conference I've gone to.

I always thought that swamp-a** was a euphemism for very nasty gas. I cleared a van out one morning after breakfast and earned the nickname "Swamp-a** Estes" for the duration of the SAREX. Really, the driver had to pull over and it was a mass exodus. Open windows were out of the question.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

AngelWings

Quote from: Garibaldi on May 31, 2013, 10:05:02 PM
Quote from: AngelWings on May 31, 2013, 01:30:15 AM

"Hey, hey sergeant!"

"What?"

I always thought that swamp-a** was a euphemism for very nasty gas. I cleared a van out one morning after breakfast and earned the nickname "Swamp-a** Estes" for the duration of the SAREX. Really, the driver had to pull over and it was a mass exodus. Open windows were out of the question.
Haha no, swamp as* is a euphemism for extraordinarily sweaty buttocks.

I've been known to clear out entire buildings with my gas and bathroom usage. I was known as the bomber for a short while.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

The one line from a cadet that no good can come from. ::)

"But my parents said I could."

AngelWings

ol'fido

WIWAC, we had one cadet's mother who was a ARC FA & CPR instructor teaching a class at out squadron meeting. When we got to the part about "repositioning the head" to ensure an open airway, one cadet just kind of stopped everything and thoroughly flummoxed the poor woman by asking:

"Can you use a safety pin to pin their tongue to their cheek so that they don't swallow their tongue?"
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

PHall

Quote from: ol'fido on June 01, 2013, 02:15:01 PM
WIWAC, we had one cadet's mother who was a ARC FA & CPR instructor teaching a class at out squadron meeting. When we got to the part about "repositioning the head" to ensure an open airway, one cadet just kind of stopped everything and thoroughly flummoxed the poor woman by asking:

"Can you use a safety pin to pin their tongue to their cheek so that they don't swallow their tongue?"

Great combination procedure!!!  You clear their airway and check their response to pain at the same time!
What a time saver!!! :clap:

Critical AOA

An obvious tongue-in-cheek pun of a question.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

AngelWings

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on June 02, 2013, 12:22:07 AM

An obvious tongue-in-cheek pun of a question.
You owe me a new laptop. Will be expecting it next week.

BillB

PHALL

Just a reminder, you need to sterilize the safety pin. Can't risk infections      (your Safety Briefing for June)
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104